thirty-nine

Y/n awoke in the middle of the night, to shuffling in the room. Opening her eyes and sitting up, she looked around in confusion her vision slowly adjusting to the dark. Just by the closet Y/n could see figure moving around the dark room. The room was still dark, and the sun was just beginning to slowly rise. Even more confused she looked to Anakin's side of the bed. He wasn't there.

"Ani?" Y/n asks in confusion, still able to feel his presence in the room through the force. Something that was slowly beginning to appear Y/n had noticed, being able to feel whenever her lover was nearby.

Anakin looks back and sighs "Shit, did I wake you up?" He asks in a guilty voice "I'm sorry, sweets."

He had just finished getting ready, and putting on the last bit of the armor he had. A lot of Anakin's stuff was already at Y/n's apartment, for whenever he'd stay there. Considering he had to switch back and forth, so no one would noticed him gone from the temple.

Y/n shakes her head "No you didn't wake me." She lies "Is everything alright?" She asks.

"I've gotta go." Anakin says in an upset, and guilty voice "We're being sent to the outer-rim again, Dooku's ship has been spotted."

Y/n's face falls and she frowns "Oh." She murmurs in a dejected voice, a guilty feeling bubbling in her chest. She hated being so upset whenever he left, even if they had been together for a short time. It truly felt like forever.

Anakin's face twists with guilt at her voice, his heart breaking a little at the sound "I'm so sorry." He apologizes.

"It's okay." Y/n quickly says waving her hand "The war won't rest, not for anyone."

"I'm still sorry." Anakin says grabbing his lightsaber, and clipping it to his belt "I'll try and figure out a way to make it up to you."

Y/n climbs out of bed making her way over to Anakin "You don't have to." She says, leaning up and pecking his lips "Just make sure you come back alive."

Anakin smiles "Always." He whispers, leaning down and kissing her. The kiss sweet and gentle like it always was.

"Make sure you bring that holo pad too." Y/n reminds once they finally pulled away from each other.

Anakin lets out a breathy laugh, his heart still racing from the kiss "It's with R2, so I never lose it and no one can find it."

Y/n grins "Good." She says "Now, do you want me to make you some coffee?" She asks.

"No it's okay, sweets." Anakin says dismissively "You go back to sleep.

"Nope, I'm makin you coffee." Y/n says walking away from him, wanting to spend any time with him she could get.

☁︎

Later in the day, Y/n was sitting in the jedi library reading through several books. She had a full day to herself and the full day tomorrow, only because master Yoda had to teach the younglings again. Which Y/n didn't mind. The younglings needed to train with master yoda, if they're ever to become Padawans.

After Anakin had left, Y/n couldn't bring herself to go back to sleep.

"Queen Y/n?"

A little startled Y/n looks up in suprise, but then smiles at who she sees "You don't have to call me 'Queen' Cal, just call me Y/n." She says.

Cal smiles taking a seat in front of her "Sorry." He apologizes nervously "Have you seen Ahsoka around at all?" He asks.

(In this book cal and ahsoka are only a few years apart, ahsoka is 16 while cal is 14.)