nine

Anakin entered the lounge with a bottle of wine, and two glasses. Y/n had changed out of her dress, into a pair of sweats and a long sleeved shirt, and was now sitting on the couch. Before she was allowed to relax, Anakin made sure all the windows were blocked wo no one could see inside.

"Here." Anakin said gently holding out a full glass to her.

Y/n grabbed the glasss and began sipping it "Thank you." She mumbled.

"Are you okay?" Anakin asked sitting beside her with his own glass now in his hand.

"Uhm, yeah." Y/n mumbled with a small nod "I-i'd rather not talk about it though." She said honestly.

Anakin nodded "Okay." He said in understanding, trying to find something to talk about "I didn't know you spoke Huttese." He said.

Y/n nodded and took a drink of her wine "Yeah, it wasn't easy to learn either."

"I used to live on Tatooine, so I've just always known it." Anakin said taking a small sip of his wine.

"You lived on Tatooine?"

Anakin nods "Yeah, it's the reason I hate sand so much." He said with a chuckle.

Y/n smiled slightly "Who likes sand?" She asks "It gets everywhere."

"Exactly!" Anakin exclaimed.

"What was life like on Tatooine?" Y/n asked curiously, finishing up her wine and pouring another glass.

Anakin's face fell, and he looked away "Horrible." He mumbled "Only reason I'd go back, would to see my mom again."

"Do you still talk with your mom?" Y/n asked turning her body in his direction, wanting to learn more about this jedi.

"Yeah....I know what the code says, but I couldn't." Anakin said looking away from her, "I couldn't just not have an attachment to her, she's my mom."

Y/n nodded her head "I don't blame you." She said "Having attachments is a part of who you are. It makes you human."

Anakin stared at Y/n in admiration "Glad I'm not the only one." He says with a nervous laugh, "You-you wont tell anyone, right?" He asked nervously.

"Of course not, Ani. I would never do that to you." Y/n said gently, taking another drink of her wine.

Anakin felt his face get warm at the nickname, he still didn't understand why he liked it more when she said it. He quickly took another drink of his wine, enjoying the bitter but sweet taste it had.

"Ahsoka will be arriving tomorrow." Anakin mentioned "She's excited to meet you, she's always wanted to apparently."

Y/n looked at him in shock "Really?" She asked, laughing a little "I didn't think anyone would be excited to meet me." She said.

"Well, my Padawan is a bit weird." Anakin joked with a smile.

"Is your master close to finding Dooku?" Y/n asked curiously "You haven't said much about it."

"Bored of me already?" Anakin joked with a small laugh, pouring more wine in his glass.

Y/n scoffed "I could never get bored of you." She said with a smile, "I like having you around."

"Well, I like being around you." Anakin said with a wink, that made Y/n blush.

Y/n let out a breath "I hope Dooku gets found soon." She mumbled, "I don't like looking over my shoulder all the time, especially in my own home."

"Don't worry Y/n, soon Obi-wan will find Dooku, and you won't have to worry." Anakin tried to reassure.

Y/n nodded taking another drink of her wine "Hey, at least we got to have a drink together tonight."