8. "The Unexpected Plan"

Start from the beginning

"Good job." Minji decided to bite her own tongue to suppress her ego from getting shattered even more by clapping as well, preparing to stand up. To her surprise, she noticed a hand infront of her. She looked at the hand, then at the girl, squinting her eyes in confusion when she saw her slightly tilting her the helmet to the side.

No way this is her, was the first thought that crossed Minji's mind. The girl leaned a bit forward, whispering something to the woman.

"Nice try princess, but your puppy is a better fighter than you."

The girl cheekily said, walking away and putting her helmet properly back on to practice with the other recruits.

"Kim fucking Yoohyeon.. I swear to god." Minji very silently whispered to herself, a sheepish smile creeping on her face after following the girl with her eyes.

She was so relieved to see that Yoohyeon was still here, but more than worried by the fact that her life was literally at a big risk. Yoohyeon was doing a very stupid thing by coming here. The woman shook her head, trying to gain her composure back and continue with the training, even though it was hard to do so, because she knew Yoohyeon would instantly be welcomed as an Icebreaker after this. She wanted to know just what exactly that girl was thinking by doing this.

...

"Training is over, good job to the new recruits! We'll give you a detailed description of what you need to improve on and rank you." Hayoung clapped, followed by a salute. The panting soldiers saluted back at her and lined up to get their papers.

Minji eyed all of the soldier and stopped at Yoohyeon, who was observing the area like a lost puppy. She wanted to walk over to her, but stopped when Hayoung called Yoohyeon over by the number on her tag faster than her.

"Recruit 33, can you please come to me?" Hayoung waved with her hand and Yoohyeon quickly walked over to Hayoung, leaning a bit to listen to her. Minji wanted to eavesdrop on their conversation, but had other soldiers to rank, so she turned a blind eye on it and called over the next recruits in line.

Yoohyeon watched as Hayoung was just scoffing in amazement after she re-read the girl's papers. Yoohyeon had done satisfactory work in all aspects and was ranked highest amongst everyone. Hayoung couldn't help but clap with a smile.

"We haven't gotten a recruit like you in so long! You did incredibly good. May I ask for your name?" Hayoung leaned a bit closer to the girl with a smile, waiting impatiently.

"It's Yooh- Uh, Yooh... Yoohtoni." Yoohyeon awkwardly answered, internally cursing at herself for almost saying her real name. Hayoung tilted her head, writing down the name on a new tag and giving it to Yoohyeon.

"Congrats! You're now a Tier 5 Soldier, Yoohtoni. Glad to have you here." Hayoung smiled, suddenly patting at the chair next to hers and asking for Yoohyeon to sit down.

"So tell me, how are you so good with your movement? You looked like a professional!" Hayoung asked in amazement once again, giggling when the girl shyly scratched her neck.

"W-Well.. I've been training a lot by myself and I thought I should have at least some practice before I apply to join the Icebreakers." Yoohyeon answered with a smile, cheering to herself because she managed to think of a good lie.

On the other side, Minji was glaring at her two friends talking all happily and almost broke her pen.

"Woah, I didn't expect to see my sister so agitated." Out of nowhere, Minjoon showed up and teased Minji. The woman glared at him and pulled him to sit down next to her, slightly pointing at the two women talking.