21. Rhythm of Life

A little over two weeks had passed. Vanraj had been nice to her and didn't bring out the topic of Dikshant in front of Anupamaa. He wanted to investigate a little himself before questioning her. He would talk calmly as Baa got nothing to whip him against Anupama and his office work was keeping him quite busy to indulge in anything time consuming or mentally tiring at home. He would come back home, eat and sleep with a little chit-chat with Anupamaa during the night or light conversation.

Anupamaa had been juggling between house and college and rehearsals but she was fine with it. She loved doing it all for her family and herself. She managed it all so well as if she was prepared for overburdening imposed on her by Baa, who thus got no chance to complain against her to Vanraj. Anupamaa was excited that Vanraj would be coming over to the fresher's. She hasn't told him about the dance performance yet. It was supposed to be a surprise for him!

Anuj was keeping busy but still taking out time to paint her picture or and adoring her in the classroom. He ensured he doesn't miss her during the rehearsals, which wasn't a very regular thing but still he used to wait and her dance made him wait more desperately for the final event where she would receive a huge round of applause from the new set of students and a few teachers who are welcoming of this concept of fresher's. He wasn't allowed when Anupamaa taught steps and rectified Devika's dance group.

Baa was still sulking about the college thing but there was little she could do about it. It was getting almost impossible for her to stop Anupamaa and she knew she has to act fast lest she wants a collector bahu. She laden her with household chores to the extremes making her miss out her homework sometimes and get scolded which would keep alive the hope in Vanraj too that she'll be soon kicked out for her indiligence. But she still managed to cover up everything with the help of Devika. Dolly was helping her with her English almost adoring her for her accent. She focused on improving her grammar first which was pretty bad.

~

"Kal ye bhi aayenge mera dance dekhne... Unhe pasand to aayega na... Ssss... Bahut acche se karoongi main.", she said excitedly stopping her pen and her phone rang.

"Hello!! DEVIKKA!!"

"Hii meri jaann... Kaisii hai kal ke liye ready!?"

"Hmm... Par mujhe aise bahut nervous ho... Ra hai... Upar se kal Vanraj Ji bhi honge na..."

"Ohho phir to nervous hona banta hai na!!"

"Haan tu bata na kya ? Phone kyun kiya?"

"Ab kya main call bhi ni kar sakti?"

"Nai naii kar sakti hai na bataa na accha aur sun ne vo dress ki fitting..."

"Haan yahi bataane ke liye call kiya haiii... Ki teri dress loose thi na maine fitting karva di... Aur jewellery vagairh bhi main le aaungii tu bas kal aa jaana time pe."

"Ha... Han..."

The door knob turned and Vanraj entered.

"Accha sun na... Ye aa gaye hai main rakhti hoon..."

"Ahaan!! Enjoyy the night haan!!"

"Ayee Sshh!!!"

"Byeee... I lovee you Anu"

"Byeee."

"Kisse baat kar ri thi?", he asked setting files in his bag.

"Vo... Devika ka phone tha...".

"Accha... Kya kah ri thi...?", he sat on the bed by her and closed the book she was reading.

"Aise hi tempass kar ri thi...", she smiled and tried snatching her book back from him but he held it far from her.