8. Camaraderie

Arunimaa and Manik were working in the kitchen with Anuj being of occasional help only doing nothing much just sitting on the slab and hitting the cabinet with his swinging legs. The doorbell rang. Anuj rushed.

"Bhaaaiiiiiii...", Malvika shouted as soon as the door opened and hugged him tight.

"Ohh so you're here my darling sisterr... MAAA!!", Anuj called out.

"Dad... Mom... I am backkk...", Malvika shrieked at the top of her lungs.

"Arey my baby...", Arunimaa came rushing followed by Manik as they hugged her.

Gopi Kaaka followed Malvika in.
"GK... ", Anuj hugged him.

"Hey maaaannnnn!!!!!!! ", GK hugged him back tightly.

Both Arunimaa and Manik touched his feet. "Khush raho aur ye mere jaise younster k pair chhoo kar mujhee buddhe waali feeling dena band karoo... Main to Anuj se ek do saal chhota hi lagta hoon...", he joked.

"Jii jiii bilkull... Aapki abhi umar hi kya hai...", Manik replied and hugged him. "Kaisi rahi aap dono ki America trip!!", he asked further.

"It was all soooo good... We both enjoyed a lot and I wasn't a trouble for GK as I promised...", Malvika replied casually.

"It's good to hear...", Arunima patted her head.

"Why didn't you go to work today Dad and Mom.!!!", Malvika asked despite knowing the answers.

"So we both took a day off and you were about to come... So we had too", Manik patted her cheek.

"Ohh yeahhh... Ofcourse you had to or else you twooo wouldn't have been spared!!", she grinned and laughed.

They talked about the trip and a few family moments were spent together.

~

"Anu beta..."

"Jiii aayi Moti Baa...", Anupamaa ce rushing.

"Kitni der se kitchen me hai thoda araam kar le... Chal mere saath chhat par... Vahan baithte hei...", Moti Baa proposed.

"Par vo abhi Baa aayengi ne to unhone bola tha ki... Raat ko khaane me kya banna hai aur main bas usi ki taiyaari kar rahi hoon...", Anupamaa said fearing the consequences of going to terrace.

"Vo teri saas hai to main uski saas hu... Main dekh loongi Anu... Tu chal mere saath...", she assured her.

"Theek chhe... To aap rukiye mein bas do minute me aayi...", Anupamaa said excitedly.

~

A quite beautiful March eve calls people to terraces to enjoy the cool calming breeze. Malvika was sitting there reading her incomplete novel and the feathery bookmark peeped through some random page. Arunimaa was sitting beside her knitting a sweater for next winters for Manik, who was busy adoring her from the far left end of the roof near the boundary wall.

"Why didn't you teach me how to knit? I would love to knit some shawl for you Aru...!", he questioned inquisitively willing to know why she always say no.

"I don't want you to waste your precious time in knitting... You have a lot of other stuff to do... And besides it's not like you could build Rome in a day... It needs patience and skill... You lack both...", she teased him.

"Malvika just listen to your mom...!! She always belittle my efforts... Tell her it needs a lot more patience and skill to deal with HER than is needed to knit this stupid thing! ", he upheld.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MR. KAPADIYA !! I... I AM TOUGH TO HANDLE!? MY SWEATER IS STUPID!!??", she chided.

"See... Your mom knows it already..!!", he raised him brow as if to tease.