Twenty-three

I sat down on that bridge for an hour. I thought. That's all I did. I thought about my mom. I thought about school. I thought about Luke. But mainly, I thought about Ashton. I thought about everything he had ever said to and about me. About how he pushed me. Then I remembered how he was now. I smiled to myself. He had changed but he would never love me. I stood up and looked over the bridge. The water was the same as in my dream. I climbed on the rails and looked down. I held out my arms and looked up into the dark sky. Then it started to rain. The water hit my face and I smiled faintly. This was the last time I would feel rain. I looked down again.
"Haylee!" I heard.
I didn't turn around.
"Haylee! Stop!" I heard the same voice.
I leaned foward. I almost fell until he jerked me back.
"Ashton stop!" I yelled.
He sat us down on the wet ground and pinned me. He grabbed my face.
"What's wrong with you!" He yelled.
"I could have ended it!" I yelled hitting him.
"Haylee stop! Look at me!" He yelled.
I stopped but I didn't look at him.
He brushed my wet hair out of my face.
"Haylee." He said.
I looked at him.
He was crying. Even in the rain I could tell.
"Why?" He yelled over the rain.
"Because it needed to happen. I needed to jump."
"I need you. I got here just in time. I can't love without you." He hugged me.
"You don't need me Ashton." I said.
"But I do. I-I love you Haylee." He said and kissed me.
"You don't mean that." I said after pulling away.
"I do. I love you Haylee. You are my everything." He kissed my forehead.
Two cars pulled and out came Luke Michael and Calum. They ran over and sat down with us as Ashton held me.
"What are you doing here?" I yelled over the rain.
"We came looking for you. All of is." Michael said.
"Why?" I asked shocked.
"Because Ashton needed us to. He loves you Haz." Luke said.
"If I didn't love you I would have let you jump." Ashton said whipping his tears as more fell mixing with the rain.
The boys exchanged glances and yet knew what I tried to do. Then they all hugged me.
"You are only human Haylee." Calum said. "You will get threw it with our help." He smiled.
I finally realized it then. I had them. They loved me. All in their own way. I was going to be okay. They were right.
I'm only human.