Nineteen

A couple days had past and I was spending the day with Luke while Ashton spent time with his family. We were sitting in my room watching tv when he said my name.
"Hmm?" I answered.
"Do you ever think about death?" He asked.
In the past few days Luke had changed. He had been asking me weird questions. This was probably the strangest.
"Well I use to a lot. Now not so much why?" I asked.
"Because I have been lately." He confessed.
I got up from my chair and sat next to him on my bed.
"What is it Luke. You know I'm here talk to me!" I begged.
"Haylee you aren't going to want to talk about it." He said.
"Luke please." I said.
"Haylee I love you. I've told you this! You know this! I want you. I need you." He said.
"Luke. I don't want to ruin what we have. I'm with Ashton. He's changed and even if I wasn't with him we couldn't date." I said.
"Why not?" He asked.
"Because I want you to always be my friend. I need you to be my friend Luke." I said.
"I know you don't want me every day. And it sucks. That's why I think about death. Because I mean I'm going to die anyway. Why not early?" He said looking down.
"Luke stop. This is crazy." I begged.
"I'm just saying Haylee. I haven't done anything and I'm not going to. I just-think about it." He said looking me in the eyes.
"I don't know what if do if I lost you Luke." I said.
"Even if I love you a different way than you love me I promise I'll always be here." He said.
We looked at each other for the longest. Then...then he kissed me.
In the heat of the moment I kissed back. I didn't feel anything. No butterflies nothing. I pulled away.
"That was-weird." Luke said.
"Wait what?" I said.
"Haylee. I just-that was weird." He said.
"I felt nothing." I said truthfully.
"Me either!" He laughed.
"So you were wrong you aren't in love with me." I smiled.
"I guess not! Wow." He said.
"Yeah wow."
He leaned in and kissed me again.
Then Ashton walked in.
"What the hell is going on here?!" He yelled.
"Ashton that wasn't what it looked like!" Luke said.
"You are in love with my girlfriend it sure looked like something!" He said.
"No I kissed her and it meant nothing!" He said.
"Luke you fooled around with my girl once and now you are doing it again!" He yelled.
The next thing I knew they were fighting I jumped up to break them apart screaming for them to stop.
Then it all went black.