Eight

Ashton's POV

I waited for Haylee considering I got out of class before she did. Her and Luke walked out laughing like they always did and walked right past me.
"Haylee." I said.
She stiffened and turned around.
"Yeah?" She answered just above a whisper.
"Are you still coming to mine?" I asked.
She looked and Luke and he whispered something to her and patted her shoulder.
"Um yeah." She answered.
She walked with me to my car and the ride to my house was painfully awkward. I turned on the radio and some weird song came on. Haylee began to sing. To say I was shocked was an understatement. She was amazing! We stoped and she didn't even notice. She just kept singing and I swear I could have just listened to her forever. I reached up and cut off the radio and she stopped. She blushed and looked away.
"Haylee that was amazing!" I said touching her hand that was sitting on her thigh.
She jerked away and looked at me with pain in her eyes.
"Are you- I'm sorry." I said.
"Its fine." She said turning back to the window.
"Well we are here." I said.
"Oh." She said.
She hadn't noticed.
We got out and walked into the house. She made a comment about the house and followed me to my room. I closed the door and she seemed paranoid.
"So why didn't you tell me you could sing?" I asked.
"I can't." She said.
"Okay fine you can't. I was just trying to be nice." I said.
"Since when are you nice?" She asked.
"Shut up Haylee." I said getting annoyed.
She didn't say anything and I realized the power I had over her.
"So whats with you why do you talk like that?" I asked.
"Um-I-I have- just-um no-no-"
"God Haylee spit it out!" I yelled.
She had tears in her eyes and I realized she was really about to cry at a dumb comment I made.
"Are you crying?" I asked.
She shook her head.
"Haylee." I said.
"Please stop." She whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek.
"Okay." I said and sat down on my bed. She still stood there turned away from me. Occasionally she would reach up and wipe her face. Then she pulled out her phone and sent a quick text.
"What was that about?" I asked.
"Oh-um-" she stopped.
"You can talk." I stated.
She shook her head no and her phone beeped.
"I-i have to-um go." She said the opened my door and took off.
"Haylee!" I yelled after her.
She didn't stop and she didn't stop until she got in the car with Luke. Of course Luke would come to save her. I walked back in the house and sat on the couch.
What did I just do?