Eighteen

It was dark. I was in an old t-shirt and some shorts with my hair in a messy bun. I didn't know where I was but I seen a bridge. I started to run. I ran faster and faster until I was looking over the bridge at the water. The water was moving ever so slightly like nothing if ever seen before. It was almost...still. I heard a guy scream my name and I turned around. I didn't see anyone and I couldn't point out the voice or the direction it was coming in. I looked back down and seen my body floating along with the water.
I jolted awake sitting up and gasping.
"Haylee babe you okay?" Ashton asked.
"Um yeah I just had a weird dream." I said.
"You want to talk about it?" He asked grabbing my hand.
"No. I don't even really know what happened. It was strange. I'm fine though." I smiled.
"Okay good." He said and hugged me.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"It's almost time to get ready for school. I've been up maybe an hour and decided to let you sleep until you had to get up." He said.
"Oh."
"I ran home and got something to change into. You never even noticed." He laughed.
"I'm a heavy sleeper." I smiled.

We walked to school together neither of us wanting to go in a car. It was nice to just walk. When we got close to the school he grabbed my hand.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I told you. Everyone is going to know today." He smiled.
"You don't have to do this." I told him.
"I know. But I want to."
We walked to my locker still hand in hand. Everyone we walked past looked at us. It didn't effect him at all.
"Ashton people are looking at us."
"Haylee don't let it bother you okay. It's fine." He smiled and hugged me.
"What's going on here?" Calum asked walking up to us.
"Yeah what are you doing hugging this loser?" Michael asked.
"Hey! Don't call her that!" Ashton yelled.
"Wow okay! When did this happen?" Calum asked.
"Last night. She's my girlfriend now and you guys are going to stop saying things about her." He said.
"Alright." Calum and Michael said strangely.
We all walked to our first class together and I noticed Luke wasn't there. So I texted him.
Me: where are you?
Luke: why do you care?
Me: because you are my friend Luke. I'm worried about you.
Luke: I'm fine.
Me: why are you acting like this?
Luke: maybe because I love you.
Me: I know. I know what you mean. I heard you the other night. I have a boyfriend now Luke. But I need you. You are my best friend.
Luke: I'm sorry Haylee. I'll be there soon I was running late.
Me: see you soon.
He walked in shortly after that. I jumped up and hugged him.
"I'm so sorry." He said.
"It's fine. I'm sorry too." I said.
"Excuse me. Hands off Ashton's girl." Michael said.
Luke glared at him.
"Hey calm down they are just friends." Ashton said.
I smiled at him. Everything was finally okay. But the real question is how long would it stay like this?