Seventeen

Ashton and I stayed in my room watching movies and talking all day. Yes I was still upset with him but I couldn't blame him. I understood. No one would want to say they hung out with a loser like me. We were laying down watching The Breakfast Club when Ashton sat up.
"What?" I asked.
"Where is your parents?" He asked.
"Well um, my dad left a couple years ago and my mom is never home. She's probably out whoring around to be honest."
"So you like pay for everything?" He asked.
"No she pays the bills still and leaves groceries on the door step and knocks then leaves again. I haven't seen her in a couple months."
"Wow. I'm so sorry." He said putting his forehead to mine.
"It's fine. I'm usually never alone. Luke is always here."
"I think he likes you." He said.
"I know he does." I said.
"How?"
"Last night he sang 'You're beautiful' to me and I'm guessing you texted me and he read it. Then he whispered that he was in love with me." I told him.
"Wow. So how do you feel about him?"
"I only like him as a friend. Why?" I asked.
He leaned in and kissed me for the second time today.
"So I can do that and know you don't have feelings for someone else." He smiled.
I just smiled back.
"I like you Haylee. Things are going to change I promise. I'm going to tell Michael and Calum at school tomorrow."
"Ashton you don't have to. I know you don't wanna be with a loser like me." I said looking down.
"Haylee I like you. I don't wanna be friends with you. I wanna be more."
"Is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?" I looked up smirking.
"What do you think?" He smiled and kissed me again.
"Well." I smiled.
"Will you be my girlfriend Haylee?" He asked.
"Hmm. I'll think about it." I winked.
"Really?" He laughed.
"Yes I will." I said after kissing him again.
Then there was a knock at the door.

I walked down with Ashton trailing behind. I opened the door to a smiling Luke. He looked at me then at Ashton and frowned.
"What's he doing here?" He asked.
"Oh um he came over after all that happened to apologize." I said.
Ashton put his arm around my waist. Luke looked at his arm and back at me.
"So I see, you guys are together now." He said.
"Yeah we are." Ashton said.
"I'm leaving sorry to ruin your whatever this is." He said and turned.
"No Luke stay." I said.
"No. " he said and kept walking.
"Text me later then." I said.
"Maybe."