"one last golden egg to give."

that scene with obadiah and tony seemed so creepy so im taking my own shot at it

set during iron man; during the scene where obadiah takes tony's arc reactor

tw: rape

~NO POV~

Tony Stark hated his father. His father was borderline abusive, cold and neglectful and never made Tony feel loved. His mother was always fuck-knows where, off snorting lines or doing shots. He saw her even less than he saw his father.

He didn't know if he'd rather get hit or be ignored.

His parents were useless to him. They didn't show him any love, give him any positive attention and overlooked his achievements that strangers would obsess over. The only person who took care of him, really took care of him, was Obie. 

Obadiah Stane was Howard Stark's right hand man. The day Howard died, Obadiah didn't hesitate to take over the company, running it until Tony was in the right mindset to do it himself. He looked after the orphaned kid and made sure he was okay. He gave the boy the love and attention he'd been deprived of for so long.

Tony thought nothing of it. Thought nothing of the shoulder-rubbing, the hair-messing and the thigh-touching. He had no idea what parental love was like, so he accepted whatever Obadiah gave him. He thought nothing of all the creepy touching, because it was Obie. Obie was safe.

Obie was never safe.

"Tony?"

He couldn't reply, a high-pitched ringing spreading through his ears, his face morphing into shock. His body was freezing and burning at the same time, and there was nothing he could do.

"Tony, are you there?"

Hands. Hands had taken the phone from him, cutting off the call and placing him gently down onto the sofa. 

"Breathe.. Easy, easy.."

Tony's hand trembled, his head angled slightly, eyes feeling stuck in their sockets.

"You remember this one, right?" A device, familiar. Close. "It's a shame the government didn't approve. There's so many applications regarding short-term paralysis."

Paralysis. That's why he couldn't move, why it felt like he was fighting something invisible that was stronger than him, pinning him down, reducing all of his limbs to nothingness. 

Hands, touching him, squeezing his face and turning it to face.. Obie?

"Ah, Tony, when I ordered the hit on you," he said as he took out his earbuds, "I was worried that I was killing the golden goose."

Tony had barely any time to process the betrayal, process the fact that he was stuck with shrapnel in his heart because of Obie when he leaned over him, leg up on the sofa with some sort of extractor. It was placed above his arc reactor and Tony's blood ran impossibly colder.

"But, you see, it's just.." Extracted. Tony gasped, couldn't help but gasp. It was being taken. "Fate, that you survived that."

The light of the arc reactor shone in Tony's face as it was pulled out of his chest, the wire still attached. Obie- Obadiah looked at it with glee, pride as if he made the device on his own. Tony couldn't see a single ounce of sympathy, of regret or loss, on Obadiah's face for what he was doing.

"You had one last golden egg to give."

He wanted to scream.

"You really think," Obadiah put an arm on the sofa, leaning closer to Tony, "that just because you have an idea, it belongs to you?"