one-hundred and two

Start from the beginning

"Anakin?!" Y/n exclaimed still angry, as she turned off the lightsabers.

Anakin just smiles a little "Not the welcome I expected." He says.

Y/n stares at him in disbelief, before scoffing and walking away. She practically slams her lightsabers down on the counter, before going back to dishing up her food and everything.

"Un-fucking-believable." Y/n muttered under her breath "Fucking asshole." She growled, throwing her dishes in the sink angrily.

Anakin watches her with a guilty look "Y/n-"

"Fuck off." Y/n growled grabbing her plate with one hand, and storming past him. Using her free hand to call her lightsaber hilts to het hands, and heading towards her room.

Anakin is quick to follow after her "Sweets, I know you're angry-"

Y/n scoffs and shakes her head as she walks in the room, setting her plate on the bed and tossing her sabers down. She spins around, glaring at Anakin again "Angry?!" She shouts "Are you sure I'm just angry?!"

Anakin winces at her tone "Okay, maybe a little more than angry." He mumbles.

"YOU FUCKING THINK?!" Y/n shouts angrily, spinning around to glare at Anakin. Practically shaking with anger.

"Sweets, I'm sorry I really am." Anakin says hurriedly "I-"

Y/n shakes her head "Why the fuck didn't you come home?" She asks "I know that R2 told you, considering you had him following after me!" She shouted.

Anakin lets out a breath "I'm sorry, okay?" He says "The Chancellor, he needed me there early in the morning." He said, being extremely vague about.

Y/n swore her eye twitched "The-the Chancellor?" She stutters in disbelief, clenching her fists "Since when have you gave a shit about what the Chancellor needed?" She asks.

"I-i don't!" He shouts, before shaking his head "It doesn't matter I have my reasons." Anakin stuttered unconvincingly.

It was obvious he was hiding something, but Y/n didn't understand what or why. She couldn't lie and say it didn't hurt, because it definitely did. She didn't understand why Anakin would be hiding anything from her.

"Whatever Anakin, I don't have time for this." Y/n mumbles while turning away from him.

Anakin stands in silence, watching as Y/n changes "I really am sorry, Y/n." He says.

"I'm sure you are." Y/n mumbles, while pulling a baggy comfy shirt over her head.

"I heard about the attack, are you okay?"

Y/n hums as she climbs into bed, grabbing her plate and setting it on her lap. At this point, she didn't have much more to say. Y/n felt like she was being dramatic, but a part of her knew she was in the right.

Anakin clears his throat, but remains rooted to his spot "Are the babies okay?" He asks.

"Yup." Y/n shortly answered while taking a bite of her food, and using her free hand to hold her book open.

"Sweets, I'm sorry." Anakin says walking over to the bed, and sitting on the edge of it "I really am."

Y/n just hums again "So you've said." She mumbles, taking another bite of her food while attempting to turn the page with one hand.

Anakin lets out a sigh "Sweetheart, what can I do for you to stop being mad at me?"

This makes Y/n set her book down, and look at him "Stop lying to me."

Anakin looked like a loth cat caught in a bright light, and he opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water. He always found it hard to lie to Y/n.

Y/n tilts her head a little "Well?" She asks "If you aren't gonna tell me the truth, you can go." She adds coldly, she knew how petty she was being. But Y/n didn't seem to care, she was angry.

"It's my fucking nightmares okay?!" Anakin shouts finally breaking, and looking away from Y/n.

Instantly Y/n's anger faltered, and guilt replaced it instead. She had nearly forgotten about his nightmares, she had been so focused on Padmè and little Adaline.

Anakin lets out a heavy breath "I keep having nightmares about you dying in childbirth, and our-our children dying." He explains, tears filling his eyes and his bottom lip quivering.

Y/n moves everything out of her way, and moves to sit beside Anakin "Ani." She whispered.

"All I can think about is your-your screams, the cries of our babies. Your-" Anakin pause as he looks at Y/n, tears in his eyes "-your pale face. And how you looked when you died." He whispered shakily.

"Oh, Ani." Y/n whispered her anger gone, and guilt replacing it "Why-why didn't you say anything?" She asks

Anakin shakes his head as the tears fall down his cheeks "I didn't want to worry you." He mumbles, "You have so much-"

Y/n is quick to stop him, grabbing his hands in her own "Anakin, it does not matter how much I have going on. I want to be here for you, no matter what." She whispered. Y/n then brings his flesh hand to her lips, and kisses his knuckles "We are in this together, I want to help you. No matter what."

Anakin swallows and looks down at their hands "I'm sorry." He whispered, tears still slowly falling down his cheeks "I'm so sorry."

"Stop." Y/n says gently, taking one hand and reaching up to wipe his tears "I'm the one thats sorry, for the way I treated you and yelled at you."

"I love you Y/n." Anakin whispered looking up at her, his eyes still glossed with tears "I love you so much, it scares me."

Y/n leans forward pecking his lips, before resting her forehead against his "And I love you Anakin." She murmured.