53

"Not a peach tree."

The moment he saw Lin Hui, He Jianshan did not explain why he came here suddenly, but said something irrelevant.

Lin Hui laughed, turned to look at the wax plum, his eyes filled with infinite nostalgia: "In the first year of high school, the peach tree died. Grandma bought a wax plum at the market and planted it. , until now.”

He also wanted to seize the best and happiest time in his life forever, but he couldn't.

"In the year when Lamei was first planted, I asked my grandma why I didn't continue to plant peach trees. My grandma said that fate has come, and the peach tree will not become the same tree as before, why not Let other flowers accompany us. The winter plum blossoms are very common. Many people in this village have them, but only the largest and most prosperous in our family. When they bloom, they are particularly fragrant. The colder the weather, the more they bloom."

Speaking of this, Lin Hui naughtyly fanned at the winter plum blossoms next to He Jianshan, bringing a cold fragrance to his nostrils, and He Jianshan felt dizzy.

Lin Hui saw that He Jianshan kept looking at him, but did not speak, he smiled and said: "What the hell, you came here after we were separated for a day, so reluctant to—"

"You didn't tell me." He Jianshan's throat slipped, interrupting him.

"What?"

"You applied for the Honey Pot Fund."

Lin Hui was stunned for a moment, then reacted: "It turned out to be this..."

Lin Hui didn't think about revealing the little fate between them to He Jianshan. But when they weren't together before, there was no suitable opportunity to talk about it; later he found out that He Jianshan had a subtle attitude towards the fund, and after becoming lovers, he knew the story behind it, and Lin Hui didn't even want to talk about it. Let's go with the flow, after all, for He Jianshan, the honey pot may not contain honey, but poison.

Even if He Jianshan didn't care, he didn't want to mention those things that shouldn't be remembered.

"That pen—" When he said these words, He Jianshan's expression was unusually fragile. He didn't know how to explain the existence of the pen, especially since Lin Hui already knew that it didn't mean a good blessing.

Lin Hui instantly understood what he meant, the smile on his face faded, he looked at the person in front of him seriously, and said, "He Jianshan, don't be so **** yourself, Honey Pot Fund Since its inception, only one person has chosen the gift pack so far, and it's me. You didn't hurt anyone, including me."

He Jianshan was silent for a while, then shook his head: "It can't be because of yin and yang that good results have been brought about, so the lunch box does not exist."

In the more than ten hours that he knew that Lin Hui was the beneficiary of the Honey Pot Fund, He Jianshan's mood had been complicated. Xu Huaiqing said that Lin Hui came to Wanzhu because he was curious about the gift, but now, he should have known that there was nothing in this gift except his despicable thoughts.

"When I received it, I found that it was very different from other gifts, so I have always been curious why there is such an expensive pen in the gift on behalf of my mother." Lin Hui looked at He Jianshan and said softly, "I found out later. But you and I have different ideas about it."

On the night Lin Hui heard Yao Qianyi's story, he suddenly realized what the pen he had received when he came to college: it was He Jianshan's request for help - an adult He Jianshan for ten Year-old He Jianshan asked for help. How deep was that memory, that forced people like He Jianshan to make such a deep mark uncontrollably after more than ten years? Lin Hui felt incredible, and immediately his heart was overwhelmed by the huge sadness that surged up. He has been thinking, is that nightmare really as He Jianshan said, it has been slowly dissipating with time? Just like He Zhao, there was a thorn in his heart. At some inadvertent moment, it suddenly touched his nerves. It might not hurt, but it always existed.