It's hard being a hyung

Start from the beginning

As it was happening the same day that Hongjoong was returning, Ateez had to prepare the choreography as seven, as their leader would be too jet-lagged to join them. And while they were at the company to practice, the stylist noonas dragged them away into the dressing room and began checking their new outfits.

Seonghwa didn't need to have his stylist say anything, for he could tell by the way she cocked her head to one side and clicked her tongue disapprovingly that something wasn't right. And he guessed it, before she even spoke.

"Your waist is so tiny," the older woman scolded him gently. "You and Sannie, you need to eat more, yes?"

Seonghwa just smiled awkwardly. He was proud and happy with how he looked now, a big step from the boy who had grown his hair out to hide his face. But he was aware that his body proportions meant he needed extra fitting for the stage outfits. Not as much as San though. San always gave the stylists grief with his wide shoulders and slim waist.

Sighing softly and feeling a little bad for troubling the stylist, Seonghwa glanced around to see how the other members were faring. Mingi, Yunho, Wooyoung, and Jongho had all finished and were playing on their phones as they waited. Yeosang was just getting the finishing touches done, and San had about 3 or 4 staff members gathered about him, waving about their scissors, and their hands full of pins. They either came to a decision or gave up, because they suddenly took the jacket back from San and hurried away with it.

San turned and grinned at Seonghwa.

"How are you still getting fitted, hyung?" he teased, coming over to stand beside his hyung.

"Eun-ji noona is having her baby soon," Wooyoung hissed at him, as he came over to join them.

"Ah," San murmured, nodding thoughtfully. "I wonder if she will bring it in after it is born. I really hope so."

Wooyoung nodded in agreement, before reaching out and poking Seonghwa. "Aw, hyung. You look absolutely breath-taking."

Seonghwa couldn't help but smile.

Wooyoung glanced at San, and San grinned back at him.

Sensing that trouble was brewing between the two, Seonghwa stepped back, shaking his head.

San's grin widened. "What's wrong, hyung?" he asked innocently. "You afraid I might do this."

He quickly reached out and tickled Seonghwa under the arm.

Seonghwa let out a laugh, before trying to push San away.

"Not now, San," he tried to tell him in a stern voice, but failing miserably.

"Aw, you are not ticklish are you, hyung?" Wooyoung joined in, attacking Seonghwa from the other side.

Seonghwa doubled over laughing as he tried to pin his arms tightly to his sides and protect his vulnerable tortured armpits. But as he glanced up to see what Wooyoung's and San's next move of attack was, his smile faded.

Manager Ho had entered the room and was leaning against the doorway, his cold dark eyes watching them sharply.

"Yah, guys, we better stop," Seonghwa tried to warn his two dongaengs as he straightened himself up.

But Woosan didn't hear him, and the moment he lowered his guard, they attacked him once more. They were expecting him to dodge or push back, but since his attention was no longer on them, they pushed against him harder than they meant to. Seonghwa was sent reeling backwards and San tried to grab at him to save him. His hand clutched around Seonghwa's jacket and there was a loud tearing sound, followed by the clattering of hundreds of pearly beads sprinkling across the floor.