one-hundred and one

Start from the beginning

It was moments like this that made Y/n feel very lonely, that was until she heard a knock on the door. The pregnant woman groaned quietly, before walking to the door. She opened it a little, only peaking her head out.

"Bail!" Y/n gasped in suprise, opening the door a little more "I didn't expect you to come by."

The older man smiles a little "I wanted to come check on you." He says "Catch up a bit."

Y/n opens the door fully, revealing her full body "Well, we definitely a lot to catch up on."

Bail stares at her with wide eyes "Holy shit." He gasps, stepping inside and letting Y/n close the door "You're pregnant?"

"Yup." Y/n answered walking back to the couch, and plopping down.

Bail joins her still shocked at the news "How-I saw you not that long ago, and the party." He babbled, but he sounded excited for her nonetheless.

"I'm five months along, nearly six." Y/n says with a small shrug, "And I've been hiding it, as best I can."

"Whoes the father?"

Y/n's face falls a little at the question, she knew it was coming and she did not know how to answer it. Not the slightest idea. Bail seems to notice, and he frowns while reaching a hand out.

"Is everything okay?" Bail asks gently.

Y/n looks over at him "Bail, can you keep a secret?" She asks, knowing that she could trust her cousin. Just like she trusted Noah.

Bail nods "Of course." He answers quickly, with no hesitation at all "Y/n, you are my queen. Not to mention you're my cousin, my family. I would never do anything to betray you." He says. This only helped Y/n with her decision.

"You...ehm, you know Anakin Skywalker right?" Y/n asks quietly

"Yes, he's quite the jedi. He rescued the Chancellor, and saved your life quite a few times." Bail said with a smile, and then the realization hit him and his eyes went wide "He's the father!?" He gasped.

Y/n nods "We're also....we're engaged."

Bail stares at het with shock "Y/n I'm happy for you, don't get me wrong. But do you know how risky that all is?" He asks.

"Me and Anakin have been together for a long time, just a little before I started my jedi training." Y/n admits with a shrug "Nearly....two years ago...I think. It's been...so long." She says with a laugh.

"Wow....you guys have really been together long." Bail mumbles in suprise "You're being careful, right?" He asks.

Y/n nods "As carful as we can be." She says "I've been doing what I can to hide my pregnancy."

Bail nods in approval and sighs "Good. I want you to be safe, to be careful." He says "Your mom and dad...they'd be pissed if I didn't try and keep you safe." He says with a laugh, a nostalgic look on his face. The older man lets out a breath "I'm surprised you hid the pregnancy for this long." He says, quickly diverting the subject.

Y/n lets out a laugh as she grabs her bag of dried fruit "It was not easy." She says, "Especially being pregnant with twins."

"Twins?" Bail asks in suprise "Do you know their genders?"

"No, I could've found out today but I wanted to talk with Anakin first." Y/n explained.

"That makes sense." Bail says with a nod "What do you two even have planned, Anakin is a jedi...how is it all going to work?"

Y/n lets out a sigh "Once the war is over, Anakin is leaving the jedi order." She says "Now that we have Dooku, it could be anytime soon." She explained.

"Well if you need help with anything Y/n, you can always come ask me." Bail says with a smile "And I mean, anything."

"Thank you Bail, that truly means a lot to me."

☁︎

After having some lunch with Bail, that he ordered for them both, Y/n found it hard to stay distracted. She was doing what seemed like a hundred things, all at once. Y/n had cleaned the entire apartment, and organized her office. After cleaning Y/n then went shopping, using one of her cloaks to hide her stomach and face.

She stocked up on a lot of food, and found herself going back and forth from home to the shops. It was exhausting. When Y/n got home she hoped Anakin would be there, he wasn't. So once again to pass the time, Y/n begin cooking dinner.

Y/n had made dinner for both her and Anakin, and by the time she had finished he still wasn't home. This only increased Y/n's worry, but she tried to brush it off. When she had finished eating, he still wasn't home. Y/n had resulted to pacing the apartment, anxiety coursing through her.

"Obi-wan." Y/n whispered stopping in her tracks, and rushing to het office.

Y/n instantly went to her desk, and pulled open the drawers. She rummaged through them, tossing things out. Finally she pulled out the communicator Obi-wan had given her, she practically forgot about the damn thing.

"Obi-wan? Obi-wan? Obi-wan are you there?" Y/n asked as she walked out of the office, she'd worry about the mess later.

Y/n made her way to the bedroom, and sat down on the edge of her bed. It took a minute or two for a response "Y/n? Is everything alright?"

Y/n lets out a sigh of relief "Have you seen Anakin?" She asks "He's not home yet, and I doubt he came home last night. Has he been sent off world with you?"

"He should be on Coruscant, with the Chancellor." Obi-wan responds, the confusion evident in his voice "He should be at the temple, considering you're on Alderaan.....you still are on Alderaan right?"

"No. I returned to Coruscant today." Y/n says, her heart sinking a little.

"Does he know?" Obi-wan asks.

Y/n hums "Yeah, he does. R2 was with me during my trip, and once we came back...he uh went to tell Anakin." She mumbled, "Maybe I'm over thinking this, I'm sorry for bugging you Obi." She says hurriedly.

"Wait Y/n-"

Before the older man coild get another word out, Y/n shut off the communicator. With her heart aching a bit, she tosses the communion across the room. It was safe to say, Anakin probably wouldn't be coming home tonight.