Chapter 1

The headlights of my Ford Explorer shown on a small one lane road for the first time. It was pitch black out except for the bright full moon that broke its way through the tree limbs. The side of the road was solid trees and impossible to see into. I was driving about forty miles an hour and was praying not to come across any wild animals. I had all my bags stacked up in the back of the truck. I was moving to live with my Uncle. He lived on his own and he was all I had left. I began to tear up at that thought. I wiped away the tears and as I did a large black shape jumped in front of my truck. I had no time to stop and I felt my wheels run over whatever it was. I slammed on the brakes and put the truck in park. "Oh god," I gasped as I jumped out of the truck. Lying in the road was a large black dog.

I ran over to it hoping it wasn't dead. Blood stained its black fur and it looked like it was in pain as I approached. I heard something in the woods running away from us. As I knelt down next to the dog I noticed a small hole in his shoulder. I look back into the woods were I had heard the noise. Someone had shot at the dog. I looked back at the dog and learned it was a male. I put my hand next to his face so he could smell me. I ran back to my truck and opened the back door. I ran to the dog being very careful near him. I put my arm under him cautiously praying he wouldn't bite. He tensed in pain but didn't bite. I placed him on the back seat of my truck and grabbed my phone to look for a nearby vet. Once I had put it into Google maps I followed the directions. I kept looking back at the dog hoping he would make it. I didn't know how bad his injuries were but bad enough to cover us both in blood.

I ran out of the truck when we got to the vet not even turning off the vehicle. I pounded on the door hoping someone was inside. A man ran to the door and quickly unlocked it. "What's wrong?" he asked as he quickly opened the door.

"Please help, I ran over a dog, he just jumped in front of my truck." I said franticly running back to my truck and opening the back door. The vet looked inside and froze for a brief second and grabbed the dog out of my truck. I noticed a slight purple color coming out of the bullet wound when we got inside the office. I sat in the waiting room as the vet took him behind the counter and into one of the back rooms. I waited patiently but my body began to shake and I tapped the heal of my foot rapidly on the floor. The vet came out about twenty minutes later and I jumped out of my chair.

"He will be fine but you should go home it's getting late." The vet says to me guiding me to the door.

"Can I come back tomorrow and check up on him?" I asked looking back behind the counter.

"If his family hasn't come to get him by then I will let you see him, but I can't make any promises." The vet says calmly, slightly pushing me to the door by placing his hand lightly on my shoulder.

"Thank you ..." I stop not knowing the vets name.

"Doctor Arden," he says obviously seeing my confusion.

"Thank you Dr. Arden." I say leaving the vets office and back to my truck. I sit in the front seat and realize I had left it on. I turn off the engine placing my hands on top of the steering wheel and resting my forehead on my hands. I take a deep breath and exhale loudly. This was not how I wanted to start my new life.

A/N

This I my first story o Wattpad and I would appreciate it if there are no negative comments. If you do not like my story then please just don't read it but if you do then please continue to read it and let me know you like it. I will try to update at least twice a month. I hope you enjoy and I will try to make it different from other werewolf stories. Thank you for reading.