"hihi!" el exclaimed happily and jumped on mike's back from behind. "did you miss me!?"

he turned to face her and faked a sigh. "unfortunately,"

she pouted at him and got off his back. "that's very mean... you—"

"hurt your feelings?" he finished for her with a raised brow and she huffed. "no... that wasn't what i was going to say..."

"don't be silly, that was." he shook his head and then held her hand. "you ready to go?" he nodded his head at the vehicle in front of him that was parked on the street.

"wow, you have a car!"

"you act like i'm poor," his eyes rolled as he opened the car door for her. "go on, get in there,"

she entered the passengers seat and he shut the door for her before circling the car to enter the drivers seat.

she leaned over and gently tapped his cheek. "beep," she giggled. "where we going!? you like my shoes!? do i look scary!? i'm a good dolly, right! i look—"

"calm down," he gently cut her off. "you look amazing, el. stop panicking,"

she quiet down and bit down on her lip. "okay..."

he looked over and helped her with her seatbelt. "you hungry?" he asked gently and she shook her head. "not really..." she gave him a gentle smile and he pulled back before starting the car.

they pulled up at the restaurant not long after and he led the way into the japanese store they picked out for the two of them.

the waitress led the way to their table in the back and mike pulled out the chair for el before sitting down himself.

picking up the menu, her eyes squinted in confusion as to the options.

"maybe i could introduce you to the specials," the waitress suggested and took the menu from el's hands which made el glare. "don't. touch. me." she growled and the waitress instantly pulled back and smiled nervously.

with a small nod, the waitress walked off and el slammed down the menu with a huff. "i don't understand the big language, mike..." she whispered. "i don't belong, maybe we—"

"the waitress was just being nice, el,"

her glare returned. "she touched my finger." her jaw hardened. "why are you siding with her?"

"i'm not. you're just being too irrational," he told her calmly and she frowned, her fingers scratching over her thighs. "explain it to me then...?"

he smiled warmly and nodded. "this one is a set. it has ramen, sushi rolls and some additional sushi's," he pointed to another. "this one is around the same but it has less sushi and has tempura instead,"

"tempura is fried, right?" she frowned and he nodded.

she shrugged weakly. "okay, well... you can choose. i just don't want fried stuff," she eyed the tea in front of her and avoided his gaze.

"do you want ramen?" he inspected her expression and tried his best to catch her attention. "rolls?"

"i don't eat japanese much so, um, you can decide. i really don't mind 'cuz—" because i'll throw it up anyways.

she paused and gulped. "i'm not that picky," she murmured, playing with the ends of her long hair before she paused.

don't bite on your hair, el.

she nodded to herself with a little confidence before her hands dropped by her side.

"i'll help us decide then," he assured her and she just nodded weakly before sinking down in her seat.