PART 12

Happy Reading!

"Why" Arohi asked looking at him with teary yes.

Abhishek gave her a confusing look. "Why what?"

"Why are you taking care of me?" a tear slid down her eyes as she tried to take a deep breath.

Abhishek wiped her tears with his thumb "Shh it's okay Aru. Just breathe" he caressed her hairs.

"Ab.. Abhi I.. I ca.. can't bre..." she tried saying but failed miserably. Tears slid down her eyes continuously and she had more trouble in breathing and was shaking very badly. She was getting unconscious.

"Shit! No no no please Aru stay with me. Don't close your eyes" he patted her cheeks to keep her conscious. She looked at him with difficulty. "Abhi.."

"I won't let anything happen to you baby. I'm right here. You're safe. Just a little more then everything will be alright" he said pulling her more close to himself. She just nodded and held him close, her life is dependent on him. Her nails dug deep into his skin.

The elevator started and finally they were going up to the penthouse. He immediately told his guards to call the doctor for Arohi.

The elevator's door opened and Abhishek picked up Arohi in bridal style and took her to his room. He put her on the bed and turned on the AC.

He took a cold water towel and wiped off her sweat. She was still shaking and breathing heavily. He made her drink water and then lay on the bed and caressed her hairs.

The doctor arrived and checked her thoroughly.

"How.. how's she doctor?" Abhishek asked.

"Mr. Mehra your wife is fine now and is sleeping. She is a little weak, but she will be perfectly fine in a day or two. She just needs proper rest" doctor replied

"Okay doctor, thank you" he said and the doctor left.
_________________________________________

Abhishek POV:

I went to my room and laid next to her, caressing her hair. The face that always glows and shines is now looking so weak and pale.

It's been more than a month and a half of my marriage with Arohi. I am used to bickering, fighting and fierce Arohi.

When everyone fears to even say a word to me, my wife snaps me back everytime. She never fears me or anything.

But today she was terrified in that elevator. The way she was shivering and sweating.. Seeing gasping for breath made my heart churn.

What if she was alone? What if I wasn't there? What if something happened to her? What if something major happened?

Arohi is my responsibility. I can't let anything happen to her. I tightened my hold on her.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you baby. I will take care of you." I said to her sleeping form.

"Baby? Oh of course she's your baby" my conscience mocked me.

"Shut up you moron" I said.

"Well if I am a moron so are you. You know we're the same right?" I mentally rolled my eyes.

I was deep in my thoughts when Arohi turned and kept her head on my chest and hugged me. I kept patting her head when she snuggled more into me, as if I was a teddy bear.

I covered her properly with the duvet and kissed her forehead and kept her closer. I don't know when sleep engulfed me.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _