15: Every Part Of Me

8 months later...

Tuesday | 9:53 p.m.
July 23, 2013

Gwendolyn ShaferWalking out of the restaurant, I spun around as my friend Seven hyped me

Gwendolyn Shafer
Walking out of the restaurant, I spun around as my friend Seven hyped me. We'd been trying to catch each other this week on a day that we were both free so we could get cute and have dinner, and tonight had been one of those nights. Seven and I had met at the gym about seven months ago when I decided to finally do something about my weight. However, I felt so self-conscious stepping foot into that place as if everyone in there weren't in there for the same reason as me. I never even got to use any of the machines because I walked out of that place with a quickness.

Seven noticed me and surprisingly she came outside and tried to encourage me to come back inside. Unfortunately, it didn't work but she was such a sweetheart that I thanked her for her kind words and we chatted for a few minutes. Those few minutes made me feel like I'd known her forever. We ended up exchanging numbers and from that day we'd been friends.

I wouldn't call her my best friend because we'd only known each other less than a year but she was always just so sunny and encouraging. She always looked forward to having the best day and didn't let negative thoughts cloud her mind. I guess you could say that had worn off on me because I woke up every day with a smile and spoke positive words of affirmation to myself in the mirror.

"You better twirl." She told me. "And twirl. Twirl."

"What am I? A ballerina? I'm dizzy as hell." I confessed as I stumbled and she burst out laughing.

"Must you be so dramatic? Geesh." She interlocked her arm with mine as we made our way to her car.

"You know it, but next time let's stop by Griff's and grab a burger or something because trying to adult and be boujie in that restaurant is breaking a bitch." I said and she burst out laughing which made me laugh.

"Girl, who are you telling? Imagine enjoying a meal of something you can't pronounce and not being able to even order some alcohol because you haven't hit 21 yet." Seven shook her head as we made it to the car.

"Imagine?" I looked at her funny as I walked to the passenger side waiting for her to unlock the doors. "Who needs to imagine when we just lived it? I could've done without the water from the tap. Sparkling water my ass. Who the hell did they try to fool?" I frowned.

"That tap water gon' spark a fire under your ass later and send you to the bathroom when you least expect it. Never know what's in that shit these days." Seven shook her head and we burst out laughing before getting in the car and putting on our seatbelts.

"No, but seriously Sev, I had a great time." I told her and she arched a brow. "What?" I laughed.

"Why you saying it as if you never have a good time with me? I mean, I know I'm not the favorite friend, but I ain't boring either." She joked and I laughed harder.