Chapter 51: Manipulation

Riddhima became rigid in her stance. that her husband, for whom she had begun to feel affection, was her parent's murderer and that he was standing immediately in front of her. 

    Vansh's eyes shifted to the room's door, and he quickly approached it before shutting it suddenly. 

    "Is he going to kill me now?", wondered Riddhima. 

    She questioned in a trembling voice, "Why did you close it?"  

    Vansh admitted his insecurities, "If you try to run away from me." 

    When Riddhima realised she was in the same room as the person who had killed her parents, she became extremely frightened. 

    Vansh's phone started ringing, he received it seeing the called id, Angre, "Boss, cops found out somehow that ma'am was taken by Kabir and he passed away as a result of a mafia conflict. They therefore want Ma'am in their custody for a probe."

    In an effort to contain his rage, Vansh closed his eyes and stared at Riddhima, who appeared to be attempting to decipher his body language. 

    If he let Riddhima to be taken into prison by the police, Vansh reasoned, she would undoubtedly tell them everything about him, which could be extremely harmful for Riddhima's life. 

    He inhaled deeply before calmly asking her, "Do you trust me, Riddhima?" 

    With a start, Riddhima said, "No. I never have faith in you." 

    Vansh approached her quickly and secured her one hand to the side of the bed. 

    He then cupped her face and angrily asked, "Why do you think everyone else is right but me? Why don't you realise that I'm your husband, your family, and that I'd do anything to keep you secure? You must have trust me. There are numerous things that neither I nor you are aware of. You are viewing me from the viewpoint that your adversary desires."

     "Why did you kill my parents and then get married to me?", she questioned in return.

    Vansh shut his eyes once again to control the overwhelming emotions he always displays in front of his wife. 

    After moving closer to her face and kissing her forehead, he felt something in his heart and kissed her lips after observing a more perplexed Riddhima. 

    "What are you trying to do when I ask you something? What exactly are those who are concealed?", she yelled.

    After releasing the knot in her hand, Vansh gave her a hug while lifting her up and held her waist while crooning in her ear, "First tell me, how are you feeling now?" 

    "I'm OK. Tell me what I don't know.",  Riddhima immediately retorted, just in case. 

    "Do you agree that I'm your husband and your family?" he asked  while leaning on the couch making Riddhima sat on his lap. 

    "Yes, but explain what that is now.", she retorted, running out of patience.

 .  "Angre contacted me and said that since Kabir wasn't there and I caused a mess there, the police want you taken into custody. Perhaps they'll coerce you into making statements against me, and if they're successful, I'll end up in jail", Vansh said reading her body language. 

    "So you want me to tell them a lie?, Riddhima asked for clarifiaction. 

    "You didn't think twice about stealing and lying to protect your own adversary. So why are you finding it difficult to lie to save your own husband?" Vansh retreated, leaving Riddhima dumbfounded. 

    "Stealing!...", Riddhima questioned in complete disbelief, "Were you aware of it from the beginning?" 

     Vansh tucked a hair behind her ear and said in a low, calm voice, "Before this palace became OUR, it was mine Riddhima. I am familiar with every inch of this palace. I permitted you to stay in the room next to mine for a reason."

    Riddhima crunched her brows together. 

    "Reason No. 1: You desperately wanted to leave me alone in this mansion. Reason No. 2: That room is not really an adjacent one, but an attached room to this one."

    Riddhima stated, leaping out of his lap, "You are lying." 

    Vansh gave the command, "Go, open my walk-in wardrobe." 

    Curious Riddhima followed his instructions. 

    They both entered the wardrobe where she discovered a sliding door. 

    She attempted to unlock it but was unsuccessful owing to her weakness from the medication dose. 

    Vansh assisted her in opening it.

    Riddhima gasped when she saw the neighbouring room as the attached one and discovered the book shelf was actually the interconnection from the adjacent room to their master bedroom.  

    Vansh brought her a drink of water when he noticed her shocked state.  

    "That means....," Riddhima began, but Vansh cut her short, "that I used to come here every night after you fell asleep and sleep on that couch. I cannot leave you alone at any cost."  

    Riddhima was thinking of herself as a doll in this mysterious game of life, and she couldn't believe what he had just spoken. 

    Vansh answered her with a sneer, "And how could you suppose, my darling, that you could have found that weapon with dried blood on it unless I allowed you access to that. I knew Kabir was doing something on my back and I was planning against him. I thought you had stolen it, and give it to some reputable pathology centre, to test its DNA. However, Kabir discovered my vulnerability and Vansh Raisinghania's weakness and used both to their full advantage. All of those letters written by Kabir were placed correctly by his pawn in your college." 

    When Riddhima realised the serious danger she was in, she summoned the strength to ask in a faltering voice, "Who was Kabir's pawn in my college?" 

    Vansh sighed, gave her a strong hug, kissed her head, and then gently stroked her back with his hand. 

    He said, "Your jigdi dost, Sanjana."  

    Riddhima sputtered. 

    "Relax. Riddhima, take a deep breath and relax. I currently have custody of her. Ray gave you a lot of protection, but in the end, you betrayed him because Sanjana tricked you.", Vansh said.

    Vansh's phone rang off, he immediately answered it, seeing the caller id while hugging Riddhima with his other hand. 

    "Riddhima, Dr. Mehta was on call and suggested you to schedule a consultation with him. He will also write a prescription for medication. Would you like to get ready as he will be in the ground floor in the following half hour?", Vansh informed her. 

    Riddhima nodded in agreement and walked towards the bathroom, but Vansh stopped her and pleaded, "Don't make your dear husband dwell alone in our bedroom, sweetheart. Move in for me, please." 

    Riddhima only needed to nod in order to get to their chamber via a connecting route.

    When Riddhima disappeared from view, Vansh called Angre and warned him to stay close to Sultan since he might do anything to avenge the death of his nephew by harming Riddhima.

    He added, "I was able to redirect her attention away from the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Dasgupta for a little while. I don't want anyone to tell her the truth now, when she's so vulnerable. 

    In response, Angre said, "As you say, Boss."

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......