Chapter 6: Riddhima In a Conundrum

Readers need to go through previous chapters to find the connections, otherwise this chapter will become meaningless to you.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Mr. Rathi's phone rang and he picked it up in a go, "Hello, Mr. Raisinghania, I need your help."

     "You seem to be tensed Mr. Rathi. What kind of help do you need? Vansh is indebted to you as you saved my life once.", Mr. Vansh Raisinghania stated. 

    Mr. Rathi explained the whole incident happened with Riddhima but he didn't mention her name rather denoted her as Ritu's bestfriend. 

    After listening in details, Vansh said, "The CCTV footage will reach the office today within an hour and she should be out of this then, if not give me a call Mr. Rathi. One more thing, I didn't visit your house on this Raksha Bandhan, but a gift for Ritu is there with me, I'll visit you tomorrow." Mr. Rathi hummed and thanked in reply.

    After an hour, CCTV footage was delivered to the officer-in-charge and Riddhima was released. Mr. Rathi took her towards his car and asked her if she was hungry to which Riddhima just said a no to him. He drove the car and Riddhima with Mr. Rathi reached Rathi house. 

    Mr. Rathi has a pharmaceutical company, so they are rich, at least richer than Mr. Aditya Dasgupta. Riddhima was sitting on the couch in the living area feeling awkward about the fact that she will be staying in Ritu's house for a long time in spite of having a pretty well maintained house of her own. 

    Riddhima suddenly said, "Uncle, I forgot to bring the death certificates of my parents from home." "Don't worry, all your documents are my responsibility." Mr. Rathi replied. "There are separate files for dad where Mr. Aditya Dasgupta is written on it.", she clarified.

    "Uncle, how much does Californium cost? I mean, I know it is a radioactive material, it's price is massive but I want to get an exact idea of it." 

    Mr. Rathi after a long pause replied, "It costs around 17 crore per gram. But why are you enquiring about this rare radioactive material?" 

    "Uncle, Altaf Chacha, who stays nearby my house, is an admirer of my dad. He gave me some information about dad's murder, he said Mr. Ahmed wanted to smuggle Californium to Siliguri in the lorry which would carry big rice packets which were my dad's. But my dad denied it. After that what happened was not known to Altaf Chacha.", Riddhima gave him all the information in a go. 

    To which Mr. Rathi replied, "Riddhima, I could sense the case is far more complicated than what we are thinking. Don't stress yourself, child. You really need to focus on studies now to get an admission in your desired college with a desired subject. All I can say is, I'm with you forever. You are safe over here and you can stay at my home as long as you wish to." 

    Riddhima just looked at him and gave a smile but her inner storm was taking the front foot in her life. The restlessness, anxiety, helplessness were taking her towards a depressed, lonely life. Riddhima forgot to laugh, she didn't even remember when she laughed in these 2 years.

    Ritu came back from the shopping mall after an hour and she was excited seeing Riddhima sitting in front of her. As Ritu's mother passed away when she was of 13, she could sense Riddhima's dilemma and she was the one who handles all household works. 

    "Did you have your dinner, Riddhima?" she asked her. Riddhima gestured in no. "Fine, let's have it together. Come with me.", Ritu took her towards the dining room and they all finished the dinner. 

    "Riddhima, why don't you retire to bed? You must be hell tired today. Try to sleep a little more without having those pills. Ritu, show her the room.", Mr. Rathi said. Riddhima gasped knowing the fact that her uncle knew about her taking sleeping pills daily nowadays.

Ritu showed her room and bid good night while Ritu went to her room to sleep. Riddhima before going to bed opened her bag and took out the pills and she remembered what uncle said to her. She agreed to that and taking it as a challenge didn't have the pills for the first time in those 2 years. But, she was awake the whole night and a flashback of her childhood came to mind. She started sweating heavily, got up from bed, took the jug full of water and had it on the go. Relaxing herself a bit she went to bed again and tried to close her eyes.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......