Chapter 37: Vansh in True Self

"Finally you've visited my office," Vansh said as he handed Riddhima a glass of water. 

    She looked at him in astonishment and opened her mouth to say something but Vansh cut her off and said, "I know you are here for somebody else and I know that you will never ask for help from me if you are in a problem, so, whose problem do you want to solve now? What is it? What brings you here?", Vansh asked while relaxing himself on the couch beside her. 

    "It's Ritu." 

    Hearing Ritu's name Vansh straightened himself and his face became very serious. 

    Her eyes looked at him but she was in a quandary as to how to describe Ritu's situation in a lenient way so that Vansh's recklessness didn't come out, which would have ruined the situation. 

    Riddhima gathered all her courage and formulated the sentences almost rehearsed in her mind while she walked into his office, "Her professor assigned her a project and she has to have a partner in that project, and her partner is Arjun." 

    "Which Arjun?", Vansh asked with a puzzled look. "

    "Arjun Malhotra.", she replied in a stern voice. 

    "What is he doing there?" Vansh asked becoming very angry. 

    "He is also studying there but you are not going to do anything. First of all listen to me then decide what you have to do or what not.", Riddhima said. 

    "But, why did Ritu didn't inform me?", Vansh asked. 

    "It is because of your behaviour. You never listen to the whole situation but take steps before even she tries to describe it to you. I know what Arjun did with Ritu was very wrong but what you did with Arjun was recklessness. His family business is bankrupt and it is because of you, that's what Ritu said to me and I don't know anything else about that.", she tried to make him understand. 

    "You should be staying out of this Riddhima.", Vansh stated looking straight in her eyes.

    "Ritu still loves Arjun and it's so one-sided. Her heart breaks when she sees him struggling with money, but she can't do anything since it's because of her brother for whom her love is struggling.", Vansh stared at Riddhima in shock when he heard those statements. 

    "But, Ritu never told me.", Vansh said. 

    "How will she tell you when you don't even listen to her and jump into conclusions?", Riddhima pointed out his mistakes. 

    "I will handle the situation but you should stay out of this Riddhima, I'm saying it once again.", Vansh said. 

    "I will not remove myself from the matter since it involves Ritu and I am clear enough to you." 

    Vansh stared at her, feeling defeated in front of his wife's stubbornness. 

    Trying to divert the seriousness of his office cabin he offered some snacks to Riddhima. Riddhima felt hungry, so she did not refuse that offer. 

    "You can take rest in my private room, and we will go to dinner after I complete my work.", Vansh suggested. 

    Riddhima nodded to it and moved towards his private room but not to relax herself but to inform Ritu about what had happened just a few minutes ago.

    Riddhima finished her conversation with Ritu and she heard a knock on the door. 

    Opening the door, she saw a woman standing with a box in her hand.