Chapter 3: Riddhima pleas for Justice

Riddhima was not in a position to accept the fact that her parents were no more, they left her alone in this world. Being an only child, Riddhima's world was surrounded by her parents and in school it was only Ritu who always stood by her side whenever she stumbled. 

    Masi said, "Riddhima, child, don't lose hope. We will find out what has actually happened. You need to be strong and courageous, Riddhima." 

    Her masi sensed some sort of danger at Riddhima hence suggested all the members to go inside the house and the inspector too nodded in positive and asked her masi to lodge FIR today itself.

    The days passed by, her board result was also published getting a whooping 92% aggregate. She got admission to her old school in the science stream though it was not her choice because she was always inclined towards humanities but it was her parents who wanted her to choose science. She was just trying to fulfill their wishes.

After 1 year of her parents death:

     Absolutely no clue from police who murdered her parents, where was their body? Were they actually dead or still alive? Riddhima didn't receive any answer yet. She was living alone in that beautiful house which became lifeless now. 

    She never bunked to school because she was scared of getting into depression because of the loneliness. Determined Riddhima used to go to court for hearing her parents' murder cases and her lawyer used to take the chance of her being a kid and suppress the case in their own way.

    Riddhima is a smart girl who understands the situation and used to change lawyers very often. She was in XII standard and now determined to score better she used to study hard because she needed income which ceased after her dad left this world.

Month of February:

    "Oh shit, it's 7 o'clock, don't know how come I slept today for 5 hours at a stretch. Maybe because of those sleeping pills.", said Riddhima to herself. 

    Then she picked up her phone and dialed Ritu's number, "Ritu, could you do me a favour today? Could you come with me to the court if possible with Uncle (Ritu's dad)?"

    Ritu replied, "Yes , I will be there on time but I can't assure you of dad, if he has no meetings today he will be there." 

   Riddhima reached court at 12p.m., an hour before the case hearing, a white Mercedes got parked. Ritu came out of it and her dad was there too. Riddhima felt a pinch of relief by seeing uncle at least someone who can be her guardian since her family members went away from her after realizing this murder case could drag them too and could take their life too and in this chaos Riddhima became alone in this war of justice or better to say to find those murderers.   

    Mr. Rathi came close to Riddhima and said, "I heard your lawyer is gonna present some proof against some unknown person. Is it true Riddhima?" 

    "Yes Uncle, the lawyer told me about it two days back but he mentioned an unknown person and didn't even say what type of proof was it and he also said he got an eye- witness." 

    Mr. Rathi replied, "Don't worry, you are just like my daughter, Ritu, I'm always there for you and let me tell you if you feel any danger around, you are free to move to my house forever."

    Riddhima nodded positively but she thought deeply, "Uncle is a businessman himself and if he is saying so, am I actually in danger?" 

   She shrugged off her thoughts seeing her lawyer coming from the other side. 

   Mr. Rathi asked, "Lawyer, is your eye-witness present in the court premises?" 

   Lawyer replied, "May I know your relation to this case?" 

   "Yeah, sure, I am Mr. Shashank Rathi, my daughter, Ritu is Riddhima's close friend. You may consider me as Riddhima's guardian too." 

   Riddhima took a deep breath somewhere she wanted her uncle to be on her side and maybe today the universe has listened to her prayers. The Lawyer nodded his head positively replying to Mr. Rathi's question. 

   All of them went inside the court when the clock struck 1 o'clock in the afternoon. The heated arguments were going on between two lawyers. 

   "I asked Uncle where is the eye-witness and those proofs he mentioned two days back?" 

   Mr. Rathi signaled the lawyer about it but he didn't even bother to look at her client and the judge declared the case adjourned. 

   Riddhima was raging in anger. She went to the lawyer outside the court and yelled, "What the hell are you doing? Weren't you supposed to present an eye-witness and a proof?" 

    "What are you saying? I never talked about eye-witness or any proof!", said the lawyer as if he was in shock to listen to what Riddhima was saying to him. 

   Mr. Rathi stated, "But, before we went inside I asked you about it and you nodded positively! Who bribed you Mr. Lawyer?" he yelled in anger. 

   The lawyer replied, "How dare you Mr. Rathi to accuse me of such filthy stuff? Do you know I can file a defamation case against you and drag you to court?" 

   Riddhima was feeling deceived and was in utter shock. Ritu sensed the tense situation and gave support to Riddhima holding her shoulder and said, "We will find out a way together, don't stress yourself." 

   Mr. Rathi yelled, "You don't have to handle the case anymore. I'll find a lawyer who has a sense of responsibility and loyalty. Riddhima and Ritu get into the car just now." 

   They left the court premises and seeing them leave, the lawyer dialed someone and stated, "Your work is done, my money should reach home." "Surely it will. Well done.", the unknown person said.

How was the chapter? Do tell me in the comment section......

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......