Chapter 15: Candid #RiAnsh (PART-2)

Readers need to go through previous chapters to find the connections, otherwise this chapter will become meaningless to you.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     

     "I have something important to say to you or rather a piece of information.", Vansh said while he was interrupted by the hot kati roll seller, who knocked on his window to deliver the rolls he ordered. He rolled down his window, took it and paid for it. 

    "Here it is, have it. Careful it's hot.", Vansh told Riddhima, giving her a roll, and he took another, while the two quickly munched on it. 

    "What information were you talking about?", curious Riddhima asked him. 

    "Mr. Rathi and I went through the deed of power of attorney which was given to you by your parents. So, according to that the day you will become 18 years old, you will be given the authority to sell the property.", Vansh started explaining to her, but was soon interrupted by Riddhima, "Which property? And power of attorney? Why didn't I know about it till now?" 

    Vansh closed his eyes, took a deep breathe and again started explaining to her, "The day Mr. Rathi went to your house to bring all your essential documents, he found a deed in the cupboard of your living room. Your dad owns a 10 acre property next to the national highway, and you have been delegated power of attorney over it. However, there is a problem." 

    "What is it?", Riddhima's curiosity knew no bounds. 

    "Firstly, there is a spelling mistake where Riddhima has a single 'd' in it. Secondly, I noticed that your surname is written 'Rastogi' over 'Dasgupta'.", Vansh said, looking straight into her eyes, as if trying to read her mind.  

    "How could this be? Riddhima has a single 'd'. That's a common mistake, and it does happen, but the whole surname is wrong! How is that possible?", Riddhima was in utter confusion.

    "Forget about it. Listen to me carefully now. A deed or affidavit needs to be signed in the registrar office on your birthday for the corrections to be made. If not, anybody could file a case against you showcasing you as a fraudster. So, do you agree to sign it?", Vansh explained explicitly and asked for her agreement. 

    "I want to have a look at that deed. Then I'll decide.", Riddhima replied. 

    Imbibing her reply, Vansh took a deep breath again, "Why don't you trust me?" 

    Riddhima gave him a questioning look. 

    He added, "I mean, you trust the wrong people all your life, but show incredulity to the one who helps you." 

    "You are getting me wrong. You are seeing my situation through your perspective but you are forgetting I belong to a middle class family, I don't have money, I don't have power, I don't have my family, my extended family showed me cold shoulder, I am in utter confusion in life, I really don't know what should I do or where should I go, I even don't know which is right and which is wrong. You just asked me why I didn't share today's trauma with anyone. The reason is that I stopped sharing my feelings because I am scared somebody could take advantage of it. I know very well, my life is in danger. I'm the only barrier and if they kill me they will get rid of this murder case forever. But still, I am trying, trying to think sensibly till I'm alive.", Riddhima spoke out her heart. 

    "I'm sorry, I hurt you with my words.", Vansh said in a low yet sincere voice looking straight into Riddhima's eyes. 

    "It's ok. But why are you doing all these things? I mean I'm no one, not your friend, not your family, not your business partner, not even an acquaintance, then why are my problems bothering you?", Riddhima finally asked him what she had been thinking for the last few weeks.

    "Nothing. Actually, I don't have any answer to your question.", Vansh replied, turning his head towards the windshield of his car. 

    "Now, will you drop me at Ritu's house or I have to go by walking?", Riddhima asked, getting irked at him. 

    "I am not yet done, Riddhima. Why didn't you share the morning incident with Mr. Rathi or Ritu?", Vansh asked, looking at her eyes. 

    She took a deep breath, "They are not my family. Today I'm living with them but there will be a day when I have to leave for my house. I can't stay there forever. Frankly, I was not sure how they would react to that." 

    "But he is giving you all the needs and luxury.", Vansh said. 

    "I need peace in my life, not luxury.", she replied, looking at Vansh. 

    "Ok. I'll drop you at his place. But you have to promise me something, Riddhima.", Vansh said.

    Bewildered, Riddhima gave him a questioning look. 

    Upon seeing her questioning look, Vansh replied, "Firstly, you will not take a sleeping pill today. Secondly, you will talk about every problem in your life with me. Thirdly, you're going to call me if you see or sense any danger around you rather than taking action on your own and trust me, Riddhima, I'm just a call away. Fourthly, if I don't get your assurances about what I just said, you'll have to go with me to my house." 

    Riddhima's mouth remained open at the audacity of the man in front of her. 

    "What? Riddhima, reply to me with words.", Vansh said with audacity. 

    Riddhima said, "Yes, I promise." 

    Vansh nodded his head and put life to his car's engine and drove towards Rathi house.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......