Chapter 24: Checkmate

After almost an hour, the door was opened by five men and they came face to face with Sultan and Kabir. 

    "Where is Riddhima? Did you keep her in the warehouse?", Kabir asked in an irked tone to his men. 

    "Saheb, we are sorry.", one of them replied. 

    Sultan gave a questioning look to their apology. 

    "Saheb, that lady was just a foot away from us and we started chasing her. Suddenly we lost her and our Shakib informed us that she was going towards the parking area so we went there but couldn't find her.", the man who apologized, replied. 

    Kabir took out his gun from the drawer, then and there put two bullets straight on that man's head which made the dead body fall on the ground with a bang. 

    "Anyone else? How many failures do I have to come across to get that lady? This was the final chance for me to get married to her, fantasize about her, and to get that land which is in her name. You people should go and suicide.", Kabir was shouting like a psychotic. 

    "Calm down, Kabir. Your anger can lead us to more problems. You are very much aware that Raisinghania had already made us bankrupt.", Sultan said while patting Kabir's back. 

    "Saheb, we have seen Raisinghania there. When we were searching for that lady, I saw him going towards the security room.", another one said. 

    Kabir and Sultan looked at each other while understanding this piece of information. 

    "What was he doing there?", Kabir asked. 

    "Have you seen anyone else with him?", Sultan asked the man who broke the piece of information. 

    "His guards were there with him. That's it.", he replied. 

    Sultan signalled them to leave and all of them left along with the dead body lying on the floor.

    "Kabir, I think we are going in the wrong direction. Did you realize this lady gets saved every time? I don't know but I feel like Raisinghania has some involvement with Riddhima.", Sultan said, looking straight into Kabir's eyes. 

    "If that is the case then we have to gear our plan in a different direction. But, it's my oath I'll marry that Riddhima at any cost. I want that land which will definitely save us from this bankruptcy and will close the murder case too.", Kabir said with determination.

    Vansh entered his palace hurriedly and went towards the living room where Angre was waiting for him. 

    "Boss, in your room.", Angre said. 

    Vansh nodded and in a trice he went there and saw his wife lying unconsciously on his bed. 

    He took a deep breath and ordered Angre to call those men, in the living area, who were providing security outside the mall.

     All of them standing in a queue bowing down their heads and perspiring heavily in nervousness. 

    "Who was the one that sprayed chloroform in her nostrils?", Vansh asked, being offish with them. 

    Pin drop silence was maintained by them being in a perplexed situation. 

    Angre pointed out the man as he knew they would never come up with the truth to face the wrath of his Boss. 

    "How can you be so careless? You would have killed your ma'am if a little more droplets were inhaled by her. I swear I would have detached your head from your body.", Vansh yelled like a deranged.