Twenty Two. Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Is this about you tasing someone yesterday?" She questioned.

"No, it's a case I'm helping Detective Parker and Miller with" The blonde shrugged, referring to her stalker ex in fact she'd seen William Morgan yesterday. Maybe she should've tasered him instead. "Wait- how'd you know I tased someone?"

"Uh..." Summer paused avoiding looking at her T.O.,

"Summer" The blonde said sternly glaring at her rookie.

"You might not wanna check social media" Rossi replied quickly before walking away to put the stuff in the shop, Vienna groaned before handing in her report.

"So, what are you doing for Christmas Eve?" Rossi asked her T.O. after a couple hours of taking calls.

"Uh, well. Me, Elena and Gabriella always finish decorating the christmas tree, uh, make gingerbread and hot chocolate" Vienna replied taking a sip of her coffee, "What about you?"

"I don't know, watch Christmas movies and eat cookies" She shrugged her shoulders before focusing on the road, Vienna nodded with a smirk. "What calls should be except over Christmas?"

"Weird ones, mostly, fighting over decorations or like yesterday fights over christmas presents. They're just stupid calls" Reyes answered with a sigh.

...

"Okay, you two are nearly done?" Vienna asked Elena and Gabriella as she put the gingerbread in the oven.

"Yep!" The two replied while they decorated the Christmas tree, Vienna chuckled slightly.

"Try not to burn them this year" Gabriella commented glancing over to the oven.

"I can't make any promises" Vienna shrugged setting the oven temperature.

"Done!" Elena exclaimed with a proud smile, "Can we make hot chocolate now?"

"First we need to finish the gingerbread and then we can. How about you go get ready for bed while we wait?" Vienna asked her daughter. Elena nodded and ran into her room.

"Uh, can we talk?" Gabriella asked her older sister, she nodded, "I-I think William's stalking me" Vienna froze at her younger sister's words.

"W-What?" She managed to stammered out.

"Yeah, I've seen him outside my school a couple times over the last week until I saw him talking to one of my friends" Gabby replied, Vienna sighed and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen before passing it to Gabriella. "What's this?"

"Write down the last time you saw him" She told her younger sister while Gabriella gave her a confused look. "I'm building a case against him for stalking and also kidnapping your niece" she quickly nodded and wrote it down. "Thanks, I've gotta talk to Sam, can you help Elena pick a Christmas movie?"

"She's gonna pick elf like every year" The younger Reyes shrugged, "And also who's Sam?" a hint of more confusion in her voice.

"A hot detective who's helping me with this case" Vienna said before walking into her room and dialed Detective Parker's number. "He's stalking my sister now!"

Samantha could hear the anger in Vienna's voice as she got out of bed and tried to calm the blonde down.

...

After spending Christmas at the firehouse with the 118. The Reyes' were exhausted and Elena and Gabriella had already fallen asleep while Vienna went through the case she had built against William.

"Reyes, it's not enough" Sam said to the blonde through her phone.

"I have like two months of him stalking my family. How is that not enough to arrest this ass?" Vienna asked.

"It won't hold up in court"

"Oh, so what, wait for him to kidnap me or something?" Vienna questioned with an annoyed tone, Sam sighed.

"No, that won't happen" She assured as the blonde rolled her eyes.

A knock at the door interrupted the two's conversation. Vienna sighed, "Speaking of the devil, he's here to kidnap me now" She said to Sam sarcastically.

"Vien-" Sam started to yell but Vienna put her on hold and got off the couch.

"Hey, Eddie" She said with a smile answering the door.

"Hey, I forgot to give you your Christmas present" Eddie told the blonde, she chuckled slightly.

"Eddie, you didn't have to..." She trailed off looking down to Eddie's side to see him holding a dog lead with a puppy attached to it. She looked at him shocked, "Y-You got me a dog?"

He nodded, "You can name her want even you like" she smiled bending down to the little puppy.

"She's adorable, thank you" running her hand through the dogs fur.

"What are you gonna name her?"

"...Nova, Nova Reyes, yeah I like that" Eddie smiled watching the blonde play with the puppy and he knew for a fact that he had a crush on the woman if it wasn't already obvious.

Written: 20/06/2023

Published: 05/08/2023

Word Count: 1140