Sixteen | | The Actual First Kiss

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Brendon asked as he rolled down his window to talk to Alora on her way out.

"Yeah, I'll text you." She nodded. They exchanged goodbyes, leaving Alora and Bentley all alone.

"I missed you." Bentley admitted once Alora turned around to face him.

Alora smiled. "Let's get inside first and then we can talk." Bentley nodded his head as he gestured for Alora to follow him inside before leading her down the hall to the living room.

"Did you want a drink or something to eat?" He offered as he walked into the kitchen and retrieved himself a glass of water.

"I'm alright."

Alora looked around the living room that was unusually bland considering most family living rooms had family photos and things like that, Bentleys though, had nothing.

It wasn't hard for her to deduce that Bentleys parents weren't too fond of him, as harsh as it may seem, judging from the lack of pictures, and the verbal abuse and psychological abuse she had witnessed the first time they had met.

She frowned at her conclusion, Bentley wasn't much different compared to her, only he was kind hearted. They were two complete opposites of one another, only they weren't aware of how similar they truly are.

"What happened, Alora?" Hearing her name come out of his mouth made Alora feel sane, weirdly enough, the tone of his voice made her believe that he wasn't judging her for what she could only imagine to be the first time in a long time. She was so used to all the judgement from everyone based off of rumors that she almost started to believe that, that was who she actually was.

"My parents kicked me out." She breathed out. "That's what the 'for sale' sign was for. They kicked me out and moved. Said that I was the only reason they were still living here. They gave me the option of moving in with my brother and going to a local college or staying here." Alora explained as Bentley took a seat beside her.

"Why didn't you go with him? Isn't that what you wanted?" He questioned.

Alora looked over at him, his hair was slightly messy from what she could assume was him running his fingers through his hair out of stress, but one thing that was most noticeable was the slightly tinted red lips that was stained from Bethany's bright red lipstick. "You still have lipstick on your lips." She pointed out.

"I don't wear lipstick!" Still he rubbed his lips with his fingers to try and remove the redness.

Alora couldn't help but laugh at his ignorance. "Bethany's." She reminded him.

"Oh- Yeah. I forgot." He mumbled, suddenly feeling down. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let her kiss me." he apologized.

"You're not the one that should be apologizing, Bentley." Bentley wanted to say something else but he couldn't find the right words. "I'm sorry. I should have told you what was happening instead of trying to ignore everyone and everything. I shouldn't have made it seem like you were the problem, especially since we're kind of dating now."

Bentleys cheeks flushed red as he perked up next to Alora. "Dating... I- We're dating?" He stuttered.

"Well, I guess so. We went on a date and that's what dating is." Alora shrugged her shoulders. "Only if that's okay with you of course."

"Yes, that's perfectly fine with me." He smiled. Alora sent him one of her own as she saw how happy he appeared to be. "So, does that make us... You know?" He trailed off, hoping that Alora would finish what he was trying to insinuate.

"No, I don't think I know what you're talking about." She feigned ignorance but she knew exactly what he was trying to hint at, only she wanted to hear the words from his own mouth.