Nine | Can't get drunk off a sip, or can you?

"Where did that asshole go?" Alora had three cruisers in her hands as she returned back to Bentley.

"He went to go talk to some girls, I don't know where they went." Bentley answers timidly.

"Fair enough. Want one?" She held out one of the bottles but Bentley shook his head. "You don't want one? Or someone else doesn't want you to want one?"

Bentley shook his head once more. "I've never tried alcohol." He mumbled as he looked frantically around the room. All the people around was making him feel claustrophobic, and Alora picked up on it.

She grabbed his arm and pulled him outside so that sat out the front of the steps. "You can have a sip of mine if you'd like. You're not gonna get drunk off of a sip." Bentley was hesitant but he gave in wanting to actually take control of one part of his life for once.

He took a sip of the raspberry flavored drink and was actually shocked to find that he enjoyed the taste. "That wasn't what I was expecting." He shyly handed the drink back to Alora who took sip herself.

An indirect kiss.

"Yeah, it's taste alright at first. Then once you've had so many you feel awful because you've got a stomach filled with alcohol and your mouth feels all gross. You get used to it after awhile though." Alora stared off into the distant darkness that was never ending. "You know, I enjoy hanging out with you. We should do it more often." Alora admitted but she still never looked away from the darkness afraid that her feelings wouldn't be reciprocated.

Bentley was at a lost for words and he wandered if maybe you could get drunk off of a sip because it seemed that Alora was already in that state of mind. "I- ugh- Yeah! Same?" His words of uncertainty made Alora giggle to herself, but Bentley slumped down. "I'm sorry. I'm not really good at expressing myself. I'm not really used to people acting like this." He responded quietly. His words made Alora's heart ache and she wanted nothing more in the moment to give him a hug but she kept her physical touch to herself for the minute.

"If you don't want to hang out with me, just say so. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable by my presence."

"No! That's not what I meant. I'd like to hang out with you more I'm just unsure of how it would go due to my lack of social skills. I don't want to bore you or have you think in uninterested in you but in always in a constant battle in my head of what to say and you make me so nervous some times that my brain literally stops working and I don't know what to do." Bentley took a deep breath in at the end of his paragraph but he also let out a sigh of relief as he was finally able to get what was bothering him off his chest.

"That was a lot to take in. Wow." Alora finished off the rest of her bottle and opened up a new one. "You don't give yourself as much credit as you should. Yeah, sometimes you have trouble with starting a conversation but you're fine with going with the flow. And I like when you get nervous sometimes, it's cute." Alora bit her lip as she looked down at the step beneath her.

"Oh!" Bentley perked up at hearing Alora compliment him and it was then that he remembered her question about her dress. "You look beautiful, by the way. Your dress I mean. Well, you do as well, but regarding what you asked me earlier-" Bentley's rambling was cut off by the front door slamming open.

"Well, What do we have here?" Alora groaned at Bethany's voice. "You two losers are just adorable." Bethany made kissing sounds from behind them.

"Are you drunk?" Alora asked as she looked behind her shoulder over at the girl who was stumbling all over. "Geez, go back inside, Bernadette."

The blonde girl let out a shriek. "How many times do I have to tell you. It's Bethany, Bethany Hill." Alora simply nodded her head hoping that the annoying girl would leave.

"Bentley, can you tell your friend that he needs to leave. I'm sick of his voice." Bentley was shocked to say the least, first everything going on with Alora and now coming to find that Bethany does actually know his name.

Alora on the other hand was beyond irritated she wanted her moment with Bentley but now she wasn't getting it. "We'll get him in a second just piss off, would ya'?" Bethany scoffed but complied nevertheless leaving the two alone once more.

"Let's hang out tomorrow." Bentley blurted our as soon as Alora redirected her attention onto him.

"Like to study-"

"Date!" Alora's eyes widened at his suddenness but wasn't against it.

"Okay then." Alora stood up and held her hands out for Bentley to grab. Only he had returned back to his shy timid self after embarrassing himself with his lack of communication. "Come on. We've gotta get that nuisance before he stirs up trouble." Bentley grabbed her hands feeling how soft they were under his touch. He felt drunk, maybe not off alcohol but he was certain that the way he was feeling was equivalent to that, even with his lack of experience.
~
"So, did you two kids kiss?"

"How are you already drunk?"