Thirteen | | Back To The Regular Routine

At first, when Alora didn't show up to school, Bentley didn't think much of it. Maybe she was sick, or maybe she just didn't want to show up to school, plain and simple. But then she wasn't showing up at all.

She came to school one day, Bentley had seen her walking around the halls but he was too scared to approach as he now believed that maybe she wasn't attending school because of what happened that night.

He wasn't entirely sure what was wrong with Alora, but his insecurities pushed it onto himself as he was stuck blaming only him for her absence.

Bentley had told Rylan about what had happened and he received a very out of character response in return. He wasn't as excited as what Bentley had expected him to be, as a matter of fact he brushed it all off like it was nothing, and it was the complete opposite of that to Bentley.

Once Alora stopped showing up altogether was when Bentley began to really worry. "Dude, just go to her house or something. Unless you want to go ask her friends why Alora has suddenly disappeared off the face of the Earth." Rylan suggested as the two exited the school side by side.

"You're very unbothered by this situation. Kind of sounds like you don't care about her." Bentley side eyed his friend as he spoke.

"That's not the case, Bentley and you know that-"

"Hello boys." Bethany walked up to the two like a model on the catwalk, her heels adding the extra few inches to her height. "Why so gloomy?" She asked as she stopped in front of them.

Bentley and Rylan looked at one another with confusion written all over their faces. Bentley was wondering if this was all a dream or if he was actually starting to go crazy with Alora gone. "I just wanted to personally thank you guys for attending my party, it was a hit. I'm having another one this Friday that I would appreciate that you two come. Especially you, Bentley. Anyways, nice talking. I'll see you Friday night." With that being said she marched off to her group of friends leaving the two boys just as confused as ever.

"Uhm, okay. I'm gonna go to Alora's and see if she's home." Bentley was the first to break the silence between the two.

"Yeah, okay. If she's not there, there's a slight chance she might show up to the party." Rylan mentioned before Bentley had walked off into the direction of his home. Rylan let out a deep sigh at the sight of his friend. He didn't want to say it, but a part of him was expecting that Alora would up and leave them, Bentley in particular. It wasn't often that a girl like Alora would associate with guys like them. So, why would now be any different?

Bentley passed his own house and walked only a couple houses down until his eyes were met with the for sale sign that was shoved into the ground. The house was evidently empty and no sign of Alora could be traced anywhere.

His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach as he took in what was happening. He didn't want to believe it but the red sign was proof enough, she had left.

He pulled out his phone and called her number, only it went straight to voice mail like every other time. His messages had went unread.

At a slow pace, Bentley had walked all the way back to his house, a small part of him hoping that he would potentially see Alora along the way.

The one person in the world that could once distract him from the nightmares of his home life, was gone and now he was back to his regular routine.

The yelling had started the second Bentley had walked through the door. He couldn't even catch on with what it was about, his mind too focused on Alora.

Their insults, their yelling all went numb to Bentley as he accepted what was being screamed in his face. He didn't cower away like he usually did, he just accepted it. Once they were finished, he trudged up to his room and threw himself on top his bed to stare at the roof a little more than usual.

His mind couldn't wrap around why he was so upset about Alora leaving, he hadn't known her very long, at least not on a personal level. On one side he was cursing at himself for falling so quickly over someone, and the other was saying that it was alright for him to feel this way. He never had many friends so it was perfectly fine for him to over react like this.

He cried silently into his pillow that night, questioning why this was the life he had to live and he cried for so long that he wasn't even sure when he fell asleep, but he felt the tiredness the next morning and with very little persuasion he found himself staying home, something he wasn't used to doing.