Eight | Never Too Dressed Up

If there was one thing Alora enjoyed it was fashion. She loved to dress up even if it didn't fit the scenario and she always looked her best doing it. She couldn't go outside without wearing something she actually liked because of her outfit was bad then her mood was bad too, that was just how Alora worked.

The dress that Alora was wearing to Bethany's party was a little more simple compared to what she was used to. It was a black skin tight turtle neck dress with slits along her sides that had chains to hold them together. She left her hair down and did some light makeup to match her outfit. It wasn't everyday that Alora dressed to impress, but from now on it was.

She welcomed herself into Bethany's mansion that her parents owned was immediately hit with the stench of sweat and vapes. She cringed as she pushed past teenagers that were making out against the wall near the front door. "Hey Alora." Brendon pushed himself off the wall as he noticed the girl walk in. "I find it hard to believe that you're actually here."

"Well, here I am." She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. Alora couldn't help the way that she immediately searched for the shy boy in the year below her and she couldn't help the disappointment that came when she couldn't see him amongst the crowded teenagers.

"Looking for someone in particular?" Brendon observed as her eyes bounced from people to people, her facial expression constantly changing.

"More like something, they don't have alcohol here? geez." Alora noticed that not many people actually had alcohol, but yet they still danced like crazy drunken people.

Brendon nodded his head to the kitchen. "Bethany's father is being hero of the day. Only 18 plus can get alcohol and you have to have ID."

Alora laughed at the statement. "For real. Kudos to her for managing to throw an actual legal party, excluding the underage kids vaping, of course."

"Yeah, it's pretty shitty. I've got a couple of mates about that are throwing a big one, what do you say we ditch this shit hole and hang out with the big kids?" Brendon nudged her sides at the emphasis on big kids, but Alora wasn't as enthusiastic as he thought she would be.

"I think I'll stay here for a little, scope out the party and see if it's really worth what Beatrice says it is." Lies after lies spilled out of Alora's mouth, but she wasn't bothered with how quick she was able to come up with fake scenarios to spew to the man beside her.

"Alright then. Send me text if you change your mind. Enjoy the alcohol free party." Brendon waved his hands in Alora's face as he walked past.

"Oh, I certainly will." Alora mumbled to herself as she saw Bentley and Rylan show up. "Fashionably late I see. I was beginning to think you weren't gonna to show up." Alora said as she walked up to them.

Rylan was wearing his usual casual clothes, where as Bentley had decided to dress up a little. He wore a white button up with some black trousers and even had his hair done up. Alora couldn't take her eyes off of him for a second as she admired this sudden burst of confidence he had gained. "You're certainly dressed for the occasion." She said sarcastically.

Bentley turned red at her words, suddenly feeling like he had overdressed in comparison to his classmates.

Rylan had walked away, claiming that he was going to go and get some drinks but Alora knew he would return shortly with some disappointing news.

"Don't be embarrassed, you look good." What Alora was hoping to make Bentley less red actually did the opposite. His embarrassment transformed into being flustered and now he felt hot at how red his cheeks were. "What do you think of my dress?" Bentley looked up when he heard her voice, quieter then usual and a hint of vulnerability in it.

His approval meant more to her then he would ever know.

"You get hotter everyday, I swear." Rylan interrupted the two. "Now, do me a favor, Lora. Get us some drinks, he says I'm too young." Rylan swung his arm around her shoulders as he smiled down at the girl.

Alora rolled her eyes but accepted anyways and walked off to the kitchen. "Your really bad at reading girls, you know. Like seriously, you have zero game. Yet somehow you managed to get the hottest girl ever to compliment you, hell even talk to you."

"I don't know what to say, I don't even know what I did to get her to talk to me in the first place." Bentley felt his nerves rise and he wasn't sure why.

"She obviously wants you to like her dress, she wouldn't ask you what you thought otherwise. She wants your validation, Bentley. She couldn't give a shit about what anyone thinks of her, but for you it's a whole different story." Rylan observed a group of girls that were looking their way, the girls that Bethany usually would hang out with.

"Is that a bad thing? That it's different for me?" Bentley was ignorant when it came to any sort of romance, but it was a good thing Rylan was around.

"Trust me, it's a good thing. I'll be back." And before Bentley could say anything more, Rylan was moving off towards the girls that were staring at them.