Twelve | | Freedom

Beer after beer was poured down Alora's throat, like usual she was wanting to forget the world.

For Alora, parties were her escape, it was the one that she could distract her mind from thinking about all the negativities and instead focusing on the fun side of life, but this could only last for so long.

Tonight she danced like nobody was watching and celebrated her new found freedom away from her parents but tomorrow, the tears would finally fall and her depression would run wild.

"What's the go with you?" Brendon asked as Alora approached him after being tired of continuously dancing. Alora didn't reply but instead grabbed herself another bottle that Brendon snatched from her grasp and placed on the ground beside him. "Alora, talk to me. What happened?" He questioned.

"My parents kicked me out." She admitted as she slumped down against the wall. "I don't even know why I still bother calling them my parents." She muttered aloud, her eyes were casted down as she looked at the ground with sadness.

"Shit." Was all Brendon could respond with. He handed her back the bottle but she shook her head and put it down. "Well, your always welcome to stay at mine for however long you want." He tried to comfort her, but it seemed she wasn't listening. "What about that guy you've been seeing? How's it going with him?" Brendon attempted to change the conversation.

Alora's lips twitched into a slight smile at the remembrance of their date earlier in the night. "I took him on a date." She looked up at Brendon a happy smile on her face as she did so.

Brendon had a proud smile on his own face at the news of Alora Blanche taking a guy out on a date. "Yeah? How'd that go?"  He asked.

"He was a little shy at first but he loosened up. It was fun, the most fun I've had in a while, while being sober at least." She explained happily. It was like her mind had completely snapped it of being a sad drunk and now she was a love sick drunk.

Brendon was happy for her, he liked seeing her smile. "You reckon you'll keep seeing him?"

"I don't ever want to not see him." She whispered loud enough for him to hear. In all honesty, Alora hated being parted away from Bentley. She had found herself wanting to be around him at all times but also understood what kind of person he was, she didn't want to bother him with her own constant needs so she gave him some space occasionally.

"Do me a favor, Alora." Brendon started. "Don't push yourself away from him. He makes you happy, I can see that from the recent change in your attitude." Brendon was right, he was always right when he was drunk. "And for the sake of the poor kids fragile heart, don't do him like that."

"I would never." Alora was quick to defend herself from what Brendon was suggesting.

"I know, I know. I just don't want you to do something you might regret because of your unconscious actions. You might not mean to do it but you still can." Brendon left Alora alone to think about her actions and his words before returning with two cans of alcohol. "One more drink and then we'll leave." They both cracked their cans open with a quick cheers and got lost in the night of drunken people.

-

"I don't even wanna see them right now." Alora groaned as she laid her head on the side of the car door.

Brendon had drove his car down to Alora's parents house to collect her belongings. "The quicker we get this done the less you have to see them." Brendon said to Alora who once again groaned. "Come on, let's do this."

Alora kept her head held high as she stormed up to her previous place of living to find that her parents were already by the front door waiting. "We went through your room and took what was ours, you can keep whatever is left." Alora scoffed at her parents rudeness before shoving past them and stomping up to her room.

When Alora reached her room she found that most of her stuff was gone, the only things left being her clothes and books. All the furniture had been taken out leaving everything to be scattered along the floor for Alora to pick up. "I tried to convince them not to do this." Raymond had been waiting for his younger sisters arrival so he could have a talk with her.

"Yeah, whatever." She rolled her eyes at him. Alora started shoving everyone in plastic bags and leaving them outside her old bedroom for Brendon to take and put in his truck.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Raymond asked once Brendon had taken some bags and left.

"More like a brother. A good one, as well." Alora glared daggers at Raymond. "Not like you'd know anything about being a good brother."

"Alora, listen. I'm sorry I wasn't around as much but I had to get away from them. They were ruining me." Raymond kept his voice down to an audible whisper in case his parents were listening.

Alora dropped everything and looked at her brother sadly. "You could have taken me with you, or, I don't know, tried to convince them more when we were younger." All Alora wanted when she was younger was for her older brother to protect her from the harsh reality of their parents mindset but he fled the second that he could.

"If I could've, I would've. I knew nothing about looking after a kid, but I did try to get them to lay off you, but I'm sure you know how they are." Raymond explained to his younger sister.

"It's whatever anyways. I'm getting out, so it doesn't really matter anymore." She returned to packing things. "If you want to keep in contact with me, you have my number. If not, I don't care. Tell them not to contact me, I don't wanna hear anything else from them."

Alora brought her final bags outside with her and placed them in Brendon's car. "Guess this is it." She mumbled as she got one last look at the house before hopping back into the car. "Freedom!" She exclaimed. A happy smile on her face, but that was only a mask to cover her true emotions and keep them at bay.