Four | | Yikes

History went by surprisingly fast for Bentley as he realised some of the more annoying classmates hadn't showed up, it was the class afterwards that made him dread waking up this morning, Chemistry. Nothing messed with his head more than his chemistry class did as nothing made sense to him. Bentley couldn't wrap his head around the chemical equations and overall struggled with the class, maybe that was because he joined midway through opposed to the other students that had already been taking the class years prior.

Bentley had staked his claim at the back of the science classroom in order to avoid being picked to answer questions he couldn't even remember the teacher asking, and because of his position at the very back of the classroom, he was able to gather all the gossip. "I need to buy a new dress for Bethany's party." One of the girls whispered to another. Bentley had already heard about a party that Bethany was holding, and he knew that as soon as Rylan saw him next that he would ask about it. "I heard Alora Blanche is going." There was no possible way that Bentley would attend the party, no matter how many times that Rylan begged him. The last place he wanted to see Alora was a party where she would be drunk and unable to control her decisions.

He sighed his way through second period before finally the screeching bell had rung and all the students went wild as they rushed to escape their classrooms. People were already huddled around one another by the time that Bentley was able to get out of the class, meaning it would be a struggle for him to push through. "Excuse me ladies, my friend here is a bit fragile." The obnoxious voice of Rylan could be heard from behind a group of girls, because of this a pathway was created so Bentley could do a walk of shame through. He kept his head down as the group all stared at him as he walked past. "Hey buddy, how was class?" Rylan mocked as he threw his arm over Bentley's shoulders. Rylan threw a wink at the group of girls, before focusing his attention on his best friend.

"Can you not?" Bentley sneered as he shoved Rylan's arm off of him. "That was embarrassing." He muttered.

"Anyways, you'll never believe who's throwing a party-" Rylan started off but was interrupted.

"Bethany." Bentley said for him.

Rylan frowned as he looked down at his friend. "Yeah, dude. How'd you know?" He asked.

"I heard about it, why does it matter? It's not like I'm going." Bentley answered. Rylan didn't further investigate and instead opted to shrugging his shoulders and continue on speaking.

"The reason it matters is because you are going." Rylan replied. "You're seriously gonna ditch me on this. This is Bethany Hills we're talking about. This may be your chance."

Bentley shook his head. "Absolutely not. It's wishful thinking to believe that the same girl that shoved me every time I breathe near her will be the girl I spend my future with. Never in a million years will a girl like Bethany ever-"

"Will ever what?" If only the ground would open and swallow Bentley whole, at least that was what he was thinking when he heard the all too familiar voice. She lacked a smooth tone in her voice and instead had a high pitched, squeaky voice that was noticeable compared to the rest. And of course in that moment Bethany had to appear with her minions to hear the last part of what Bentley was talking about. "Hm? Suddenly you can't speak?" Bentley's eyes wondered everywhere but Bethany's, but of course that didn't last long as he noticed someone else in the distance.

He quietly cursed himself as he was cornered by Bethany, and Alora was walking in their direction. Bentley's fingers were crossed as he hoped that Alora would be too distracted to notice him, but that wasn't the case as everyone was being nosy and wanted to know what was happening.

"Excuse me! I'm talking to you." Bentley's eyes snapped to Bethany who had a scowl on her face as she death stared him. His eyes then flickered over to Rylan for help, but he seemed almost as terrified as he was.

"We were just talking about the party." Rylan attempted to cool the situation down.

Bethany then scoffed. "What party? Because I know you two were not invited to my party. As if I would ever invite some nerds." If looks could kill, numerous people would be long gone.

"Yikes, hating on people because they're smarter than you. Not cool, Brittany." All eyes were focused on the person that butted in, Bentley already knowing who that person was, tried to back away slowly.

Bethany turned and looked Alora up and down. "I'm sorry, dearest Alora. How could I possibly be so rude." She feigned being apologetic, but the expression on her face said otherwise. "I strongly believe that sometimes it's okay to bully people, and seeing them will always be that sometimes." Bethany held her head up high as she stood her ground. "And it's Bethany by the way. Bethany Hills." She concluded as she bumped her shoulder into Alora's while walking away.

"What the fuck, dude." Rylan whispered from beside Bentley. Both were in awe at the situation at hand. While on one side, Rylan was practically drooling at the presence alone of Alora, Bentley was confused as to why Alora stood up for them as that wasn't her usual character.

Bentley could tell by the smirk on Alora's face as they made eye contact that she recognized who he was. "I guess I'll be seeing you at the party." She said before parting away from the group, leaving both Bentley and Rylan to watch her leave.

"What was that?" Rylan asked as he looked down at Bentley. "Why'd she say that?" He questioned.

Bentley shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know, she's going to the party she probably assumed we were too." Rylan looked at Bentley as if he had said the dumbest thing.

"Half the people here are going to that party, why would she say that to you? Are you not telling me something?"