CHAPTER 38

Author POV:

"Aunt, do you need coffee or water." Enzo asked Madelynn who was praying for her sister while closing her eyes.

"No I am fine." Madelynn opened her eyes and smile at her nephew. Enzo nodded at her way and sat beside her in silence.

"Are you okay ?" Madelynn asked in concerned while laying her hands on his.

"Yes I am fine just want mom to come out of surgery with positive
outcome." Enzo mumbled laying his head on shoulder. Trying to find peace in his aunt embrace.

"She will don't worry. She is fighter." Madelynn said trying to convince not just Enzo but also herself as the time passes her heart started getting panic more more.

"That's true." Enzo agreed. They both stayed like that for few minutes when Enzo questioned remembering that moment,
"Do you saw Ashley how happy she has been recently."

"Yes, she has become the jolly and happy just like her .....before. I am really thankful that she got someone in her life who can make her happy." 

"Liam, he the reason that makes Ashley happy. I have never seen her so happy. He is what she needed in her life. He is great guy."

"He definitely is, after his upbringing is done by the best people." Madelynn revealed.

"You need to tell Ashley about knowing his parents." Enzo said.

Madelynn nodded "Yes I agree but I don't want her to know about these as I know she would end things with Liam if truth is revealed."

"But we can't hide all of things from her as it truth would come out one day and she will be hurt."

"I agree but I just can't." Madelynn sighed

"Also maybe it's destiny that  lead her to meet the Harrington's. So it's her fate." Enzo said

"Then let destiny do her work as I can't let my bad past destroyed the future of my daughter. You saw how much they love each other so I just can't..." Madelynn sighed.

"I can just hope that everything will turn all right for my daughter." Madelynn continued.

"Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen to Ashley." Catrina joined in their conversation.

"I want both of you to be happy two. You two are just like my Ashley." Madelynn said caressing her niece hairs.

"I am happy." Catrina said looking at Frank and Noah.

"Ask him to find someone so that mom can stop worrying about him." She continues pointing her brother's way.

"Hey you girls are in love the go for it but I am not interested in that all." Enzo uttered.

"Okay stop that, and Enzo you will feel same way your sister's are feeling when you fall in love. No can deny love." Madelynn said

"Did you hear that ?" Catrina smirks at Enzo.

Madelynn while talking about suddenly got lost thinking about her love life. Those times were full of love, happiness, smile, bliss. Those days were just ....

"Aunt where are you lost." Catrina calling brought her back from her thoughts.

Madelynn shook her head and said "Nothing, I need to use washroom."

After excusing herself she immediately walked out of the waiting room as she realised that these was first time she thought of her happy days during her relationship. After accident she had never once thought of those moments it was as it they were locked somewhere in her mind but today they opened and she felt her heart beats fastly.

She wash her face as she didn't want to dwell and remember those days as that time was long gone. She looked at mirror, thinking how much time has passed but wounded heart hasn't healed.

"How will heart heal, it needs answers."

"Also somewhere your heart knows that there must be misunderstanding."

"Your heart still beats for him whether you agree to it or not."

"If only you can contact him..."

Her subconscious mind spoke but at last statement Madelynn immediately denied saying
" No I need to answer or need to see him. I don't need him not now, in past or in future. I can leave happily with my daughter and family."

"If you don't need answer, then why haven't you move on ?"

Her subconscious mind asked.

"I don't need him that's it." Saying these she wash her face continuously until everything was forgotten and after sorting out herself she walked out of the washroom. She took deep breath while mumbling in heart to focus just on her sister surgery and nothing else. She started walking towards waiting room hoping her sister's surgery to get successful.

While walking towards corridor she bumped into a nurse and files in the hands of the nurse fell down.

"Oh I am so sorry." Madelynn apologise extremely while bending down to pick up the things scattered on ground.

"It's okay Ma'am." Nurse smile politely her way.

"I am just feeling nervous as today is my sister surgery and we haven't gotten any news." Madelynn spoke while picking the paper.

"Don't worry our hospital has best doctor nothing will happen to your sister." The nurse comforted

"Excuse me, I am bit lost here where can I find Hospital Director office ." A male voice came behind her and Madelynn froze hearing familiar yet unfamiliar voice.

"Sir you can go straight and then turn left there's elevator on floor 7 there is assistant who can help with reaching you Director office." The nurse who bumped into Madelynn reply walking towards the person while Madelynn stayed down with head down as she was blank. She didn't knew why she was afraid of coming face to face with him.

She stayed like that completely lost in her thoughts until the nurse realised that she was still kneeling on ground. The nurse came towards and ask "Ma'am are you okay?"

But Madelynn was too absent minded as her mind and heart was in turmoil so she didn't respond. The nurse realised something wrong with her so she remembered that there earlier so she help Madelynn up and took her waiting room. Madelynn face was full white as if blood left her face.

"Aunt" Everyone yell loudly seeing her condition but Madelynn didn't respond to anyone. She just stayed in shock while his voice continued to echo around her ears. The time spend with him came to her mind making her mess.

Ashley came running as she received her calls informing her about mom's condition.

"Mom what's wrong ?" Ashley questioned loudly coming towards her mother.

Hearing Ashley voice Madelynn immediately hug her as if someone will steal her daughter from her. She felt her panic all over her body. While Ashley console her mother even though she was getting anxious as what was bothering her mother but she kept calm. The silence in room was broken when

"Lynn" a person voiced came while he widen his eyes in shock as he saw Madelynn. Ashley felt her mother body getting frozen in shock and she eye the person.