CHAPTER 19

Liam POV:

Every time she kicked a rival, the crowd went wild, and I was groggy the entire time. My realisation that I don't know as much about her as I thought I did came from watching her easily defeat her opponent. Perhaps my preconceptions were incorrect.

Her movements and kicks were so fluid because she does them frequently that I couldn't stop marvelling at her the entire fight. Even though I tried to tell her as much about my life as I could, perhaps I wasn't the wonderful friend or listener I thought I was. However, whatever I know about her from was from Leon. She herself never shared anything about herself at all and was nonexistent.

The opponent was not at all her match, therefore the match ended fast.

The referee held both girls' hands in his while announcing Ashley's victory by raising her hand. The crowd was roaring nonstop from the beginning of the game till the very conclusion.

Despite her sweaty appearance and untidy hair, she was smiling and exhaling hard. As if feeling my gaze she looked into my direction and literally froze and stop smiling since she didn't expect to see me standing here, observing this aspect of her. 

The world around us was blurry as we both continued to stare at each other. Even though we were far apart, I could tell that she didn't look good at all. She had done a great job of keeping these aspects of herself a secret from all of us. And now that it has been revealed, she must be anxious right now. I wasn't upset with her for hiding, but I was wounded that she never gave me any chance at all to show that I can be trusted and would stand by her for everything.

As I stared at her, I wanted to ask her a lot of questions, but I also felt that I had no right to do so because we weren't dating or anything; in fact, she didn't even think of me as a friend. When these ideas crossed my mind, I smiled at the irony that, despite the fact that we both feel the same way about each other, it is always my responsibility to exercise consideration so as not to offend her. She never shown any consideration for me at all; I should be careful not to bring up her background, her parents, etc.

She was shaken by the ref, which caused her to stop staring at us. She quickly left the ring, but not before giving me a quick glance. As she walked, I simply followed her with my eyes, keeping my face expressionless. I was unsure of what to do after she vanished from view.

Do I need to wait for her here?

She will never come to you personally, no matter what, my subconscious mind ridiculed.

My heart was telling me to believe her since she has been through a lot, and I shouldn't give up now that I've done so much.

Only recently had things between us begun to mend a little, but now that everything has changed, she is back to ignoring. I'm now so sick of all of these. I reasoned that instead of staying here it would be preferable to going home.

"I knew it, it must be you as Ash wouldn't be so agitated looking in this direction." A girlish voice rang out, and Faye appeared in front of me, grinning in my direction.

"I had no idea that I could agitate her. I remarked ironically.

"Oh come on, we both know perfectly well that only you are capable of causing a strong woman like Ash to go berserk." Faye commanded to pull me away from the area.

"Where are we headed?" I questioned.

"Well, since you're hurt right now, you need someone who will help you before you act impulsively. And let me tell you, if I don't stop you, you'll be crying and regretting what you did the next day." She said pulling out of the club.