CHAPTER 27

Ashley POV:

I stood frozen at the entrance of ICU looking at Liam who was hooked to different kinds of machine. His face was pale without any blood while his head was bandage. The beeping of machine gave a relief that he was still breathing and was alive which calm me down little bit. Seeing his motionless body on road had tremendous impact on me and now seeing him like these I didn't understand what to do.

I walk towards him slowly and lightly without making any noise. Sitting on the chair which was placed near the bed she caress his face. "Hey, you gave us a quite scared. You need to wake up your parents and brothers are waiting for you to wake up. Your mom has been uncontrollable since she came here, your father even though he show strong face his eyes show how much frightened he is." She gulped trying to not let her tears fall.

His pale face was literally making it hard for her to control her emotions. The Liam which everyone knew was always smiling, hardworking and enjoying his life, and now seeing him like this not even knowing when he will wake up is really heartbreaking.

I was engrossed thinking about the time spend with Liam, that nurse came telling me to go out as my time was up. I nodded at the nurse, and took hold of his hand and gave a squeeze trying to tell him how much I wanted to him to wake up. As she walk out she hope that he would call out her name like how it is done in movies, but such kind fantasy only happens in movies and not in reality.

When she came outside the door and bump into Juliet who was waiting for her. Juliet held Ashley in her arms with her facing showing understanding and took me to sit down on the bench which were in the corridor. After making me comfortable she went to get me water, after drinking water we went to waiting room where there were more people now. Liam's uncle family was there and even the little Tyler was there.

As if understanding my doubt Juliet answered
"He has been fussy and crying for his parents so Lucas told the nanny to get Tyler here."

I nodded at quietly went to side and sat down on empty seat. Coincidentally it was near Eleanor who was sitting beside me. I nodded at her as she gave a small smile to me and zoned out looking at the walls ignoring everyone and while my mind keep replaying the image of Liam hooked up with different wires.

I don't know how much time pass by but as the time passes the I was starting to feel anxious and felt suffocated as if those walls would trap me inside them. Someone sobbing brought me back from my reverie and I looked everyone and that time I noticed everyone's face was grim. I look at unfamiliar man who was consoling Eleanor and seeing my question he said somberly " Liam doctor came by he said there is no progress in his condition, if he doesn't wake in next until midnight the situation is bad."

I felt shock and fear of losing him. The room also made me suffocated so I quickly stood up thought of going out to get a fresh air, when I took step to walk out Bella called me.

"Ashley where are you going ?"

I turn around looking at her haggard I felt guilty, she must be having so much stress in taking care of everyone and I am also making her worried about me.

"Nowhere it just I don't like the smell here so thought of going to garden area to get a fresh air."

"I will go with you,I also feel the same. I will get Tyler too he will feel better."

I nodded in agreement and we both went out of the hospital and sat down on bench which was placed just before foundation. Tyler squeals looking at the children playing and put his hands our as if wanting to go there. While looking at him and children playing with the water, I felt little bit better. Just then Juliet came," I went to washroom and when I came back both of you were missing."

"Yah Tyler was fussy and we both needed to fresh air." Bella explained

Seeing Tyler putting his hands in the direction of the water, Juliet took him in her arms and let him to the water. As soon as he was near the water he was squealing, his arms and legs dangling in happiness. I smile for the first time since the morning looking at him.

"Ashley" Bella called out and I gave questioning look to her as her tone felt little different.

"How long you are going to let your past control you."

I freeze at those words because that's what I have been thinking since Eleanor entry. I couldn't talk to anyone about this as situation was not good but these accident open my eyes. If you delay the things then maybe you will never be able to enjoy it again.

"I know whatever happened to your mom has left scar in your heart also your own heartbreak. But you can't let what happened in your high school to rule over you. You also know that teenage years are not best years for everyone, things are done which are not to be proud of. But you should think those moments as a bad memory and move on. Why are still let that person who broke your heart rule over you. Your happiness is standing in front of you but your are ignoring him."

"I know how Liam feels when the one you love doesn't respond to your feelings. I had fair share of that but I also understand your turmoil but what I am saying is why not try it. Give Liam a chance and have fun with him maybe it will be not bad as how you think. I know 101% that Liam won't hurt you cause I know how his upbringing is even you that. So please do it for yourself because you deserve to be happy like everyone.Your condition since you know about accident clearly show your feelings for him. Then why ?"

"Who would have thought the Liam who was smiling and enjoying with his family is now lying in hospital and show no sign of waking up. Life is very confusing and changing in quick seconds it can make you happy, sad or even....." She didn't said the word but I understood it.

"So what I want is you to overcome your fear of failure in love and let yourself a chance to be happy. When he wakes up you should confess your feelings and also your fears to him, he will understand and will help you tackle it. I don't want you to have a regret in your life of not confessing your feelings. Do it yourself please." She explained.

I didn't reply to her just keep looking at Tyler and Juliet playing and keep replaying her words in my mind. Juliet came back with Tyler who now look little bit sleepy. That time Bella's mobile ping with the message and she said "It's Lucas he is telling me to comeback. Let's go."

We all went inside but instead of going to waiting room like them I went to Liam's room. When I explained my intentions of going there both of them gave me encouraging smile. Seeing there was no nurse I opened the door quietly and entered the room.

I wipe away the tear which felt my eye, and expressed my feelings "I don't know if you can hear me or not but I want to tell you that everyone in your family need you, I need you. I know I have always ignored you when you tried to be close to me but the true is I was afraid that my heart won't be able to take a blow if these didn't work out between us. It's not just you and me who are involved but also your family who has become my only family here and I don't want to loose them. I was afraid, confuse as you make me feel different which I never felt in my life, and you have power to crush my heart so I didn't let you in. But during lunch seeing you getting close to other girl I felt bad and jealous. And now I felt regretful that if I had forgotten all the bad past and let you in my heart maybe we would have been happy. We would have got on dates, enjoy movies staying in we would have been the great couple. We could do all things which I have in my mind but for that you need to wake and pampered me with love."

I moved towards his head and gave him kiss on his forehead saying "Wake up, I am waiting for you."

I turned around and walk of the room, outside the room I bumped into someone looking up it was Liam's cousin. Giving him a small smile to which he smile back , I moved to side and walk away from there.