CHAPTER 18

Ashley POV:

Despite my tossing and turning, I had little trouble falling asleep. However, it was impossible for me to fall asleep since each time I closed my eyes, a scene from last night flashed before my eyes.

Yesterday night was not less then a nightmare, the kidnapping, rescue, and waiting outside the operating room in the hopes that the doctor will have good news. The young boy, Noah, was so terrified that he wouldn't let Frank out of his sight as the doctor examined him. Additionally, it was sad to see Nathan's condition abruptly deteriorate. I felt responsible for everything because it was all so stressful and painful.

Even though I frequently engaged in these work, this was the biggest mistake I had ever made because it put not only my client but also an innocent child in peril. Whatever I've undertaken, I've never lost control of a task like this. Furthermore, yesterday was out of my control because I broke my pledge to myself by going in the opposite direction. It was expressing my love for Liam and allowing my heart rule my head, letting go of all my thoughts and control over myself. The experience from yesterday serves as another kind of sign from fate that I and love are incompatible.

I am aware that my actions have wounded him, but I cannot engage in activities that will cause me to lose control. I know Liam is a wonderful person, but my luck in finding true love has not been fantastic, and I don't want him to feel upset because I can't, even if I would like to. He is a wonderful person who has supported me and the people around him have also been kind to me, but if things don't work out in the future I don't want to have awkwardness between us because of not having a successful relationship. I know one thing, however: my relationships won't work out for a variety of reasons. Therefore, whatever was going on during the past three days should stop.

When the door opened, I turned to gaze in that direction and noticed a Happy who appeared pale and zombie-like. While I saw her in these circumstances, I cursed at myself for thinking about myself when she is the one who is currently suffering through hell. While the love of her life was on the verge of passing away, I let her go through these things by alone. I can't even begin to comprehend how she must be feeling when the person battling for their life is the one who owns her if the entire night was devastating for us.

I promptly stood up, walked over to her, and gave her a hug while saying "Hey, I'm very sorry for leaving you here on your own. I can't even begin to fathom how you must be feeling, but if..."

"It was Liam struggling to survive inside the hospital." My phrase was finished by my subconscious mind.

"Shut up." I cursed at my subconscious mind.

"I am good," She said while massaging my back, which brought me back from my quarreling.

"No you are not." I said breaking hug and looking into her eyes. She was showing that she was fine and strong but I know from inside she is crying and scared.

She said "Faye called, she is at the club and she fighting today so why don't we go as well. I can't sit here while having bad thoughts it's would be better if we can get distracted.

I nodded "You are right we can go there as we both can't sleep. I will give her call to schedule a match for me as well. It's been long time since I had a match."

"Are you interested ?" I questioned while dialing Faye.

"Nope. Not in mood right now." She said softly.

After preparing ourselves, we left the house in 20 minutes. She wouldn't let me drive, so I apologised to her as I sat in the passenger seat, saying, "I'm sorry. If it wasn't....."

"You are not to blame. It was not at all your fault. So don't blame yourself anymore." She cuts me off mid-sentence.

While she drove I lean back on my seat and thought of the first day I went to club with Nathan.