Kiara: Birds of a Feather

Start from the beginning

"I see you have hickeys. Who gave those to you?" Kiaea asked

"Fauna, she really is defensive and tried to claim me for herself," I told her calmly.

"Are any of those Kronii's?" Kiara asked me

"A few..." I replied to her.

Kiara seemed to be having a good time. Seeing how flustered I was, I could tell we were just having a normal conversation. She hasn't fallen in love with me and genuinely just wants to kiss her for the fun of it.

This is a nice change of pace, to be honest. I don't really mind the thought of kissing her just to see how it feels. However, this is Kiara, so there could be a bigger scheme. However, I'm also Mumei, so I could have a devious plot too.

This is really tough. Should I kiss her and risk her falling in love with me or not kiss her and have her get mad at me?

This may sound crazy, but I for some reason don't think the curse works on Kiara; it didn't work on Fauna or Kronii either, which is kind of odd because they were already in love with me. But is Kiara's mindset what is saving her from the curse?

"Sit next to me, Mumei!" Kiara demanded I get up and go right next to her, where she held my hand gently. I tried to get comfortable, but my mind kept racing. Kiara seemed annoyed that I was being so nervous towards her, but I have a justifiable reason to be nervous.

"Mumei, let's just kiss as friends," Kiara said.

"Will you promise you won't fall in love with me?" I asked

"You keep asking me that I refuse to let myself fall in love with you; you're cute, Mumei. I just want to know how it feels to kiss you because Calli seems head over heels over you," Kiara said.

"Alright, I'll kiss you, Kiara. Just pinky promise that you won't fall in love with me!" I said

"I shouldn't have to, but fine." Kiara sighed

She reached out and extended her pinky, and we made the promise, so now I at least felt more confident about this.

"Let's get this over with," I mumbled.

Kiara leaned in softly, pecking my lips. "We're done!" She giggled I sat there in disbelief. I was expecting more than that.

"Kiara, what do you mean we're done!?" I asked

"Do you want more Moomei? Kiara teased

"N-No, it's just that you kind of hyped the kiss up and then left me hanging!" I cried out.

"We can kiss again if you want to be more passionate," Kiara softly said.

"Kiara, it's fine; I don't want to kiss you again!" I yelled

"Are you sure, Moom?" Kiara asked, and she got right in my face, making me blush due to being flustered.

"Yeah, I'm sure Kiwawa!" I said loudly:

"Awwww, come on, Moomei, you liked that kiss, didn't you? And trust me, I know you can't resist kissing me!" Kiara stated

"Shut up! I don't want to kiss you again!" I screamed

"I'm just playing with you; I don't want to push you since you've been going through a lot." Kiara sighed

"Kiara, are you sure you aren't into me at all? Like, are you feeling like you have a crush on me?" I asked

She glared at me and laughed all of a sudden. "Are you hoping I am?" She giggled

"N-No, it's just that everyone has usually fallen for me by now, so I'm just confused by these events!" I said

"Mumei, I've already told you that I am not going to fall in love with you because I already think you are really cute. I just like girls. What's wrong with that?" She asked

There is nothing wrong with that, but something inside me wants this to happen, even though I came here to try to get away from everything and make sure no one else falls in love with me. To be honest, I have some pride, and I kind of want her to fall for me.

"Mumei, are you okay? You're looking kind of pale," Kiara said.

"Nothing is wrong," I said to her.

"You seem disappointed that I haven't fallen in love with you," Kiara pointed out again.

"Kiara, stop. Let's just move on." I sighed

She smirked at me. "Do you like me?" She asked, and I shook my head. I don't like her, but I feel like if I don't get these thoughts out of my head, I will fall for her. "Do you like Calli?" She also asked. I shook my head yet again, but I do like her a little bit.

"I'm not in love with her," I lied.

Kiara looked at me with disbelief, calling me out with a look alone, her stare sending daggers into me. "Don't lie," she said.

"Well, I'm partially telling the truth; I haven't fallen for Calli yet, but that's why I want to leave before that happens and I'm in too deep," I explained.

"Look, I wouldn't be mad because then you can join us in our activities," Kiara said.

She seemed to want something from me, and I'm not for it, but maybe I won't be able to avoid it. Kiara is being oddly nice; actually, she is odd in general. She still hasn't changed her mind about me. I don't really know the logistics of what she told me about why she isn't affected, but I'll take it since I have someone who can have a normal conversation with me besides Fauna and Kronii.

"Kiara fine I'll do whatever you say as long as I can stay here for at least another night," I said.

Kiara suddenly smirked, and I didn't like what that entailed.