Chapter 46

Taylor

"You got accepted? Really?" Callie enthusiastically jumped into my arms.

"Yep, just now," I replied with a laugh. Over the past few weeks, I had been going back and forth with the university, but it seemed like I had the opportunity to take most of the courses online. Plus, I could do it as a part-time study, which was perfect because I could still continue working. The university assured me that I wasn't the only one who had other commitments outside of school. In other words, everything had worked out perfectly. Almost too good to be true, but this time, I wouldn't question it.

"That's amazing!" Callie's beaming smile was contagious. "When do you start?"

"Next month," I explained as I fished my phone out of my pocket. It had been vibrating incessantly. Whoever was trying to reach me seemed to be in a hurry. A glance at my phone immediately dampened my mood. It was the school.

I rolled my eyes before answering the call to find out what my siblings had done now.

____________

No more than twenty minutes later, I cursed as I walked through the school corridors. Of course, my siblings couldn't just go to school for a week without causing some kind of trouble.

As I walked, I fished my phone out of my pocket and sent a message to Noah, asking him to pick up Susan and Coulder. Who knew how long this whole situation would take today.

I spotted Aden and Liam outside the staff room and glared at them angrily. Seriously? Those two again?

They noticed my gaze and shook their heads in defense.

I sighed. Okay, if it wasn't the twins, then it had to be Jackson.

Muffled sounds emanated from the office, and it didn't sound like friendly chitchat. God, what had that boy done this time?

"How bad is it?" I asked, addressing the twins as I reached them.

The brothers looked downcast, and inwardly, I sighed. So it was that bad...

"Well..."

"It would be a miracle if he doesn't get expelled from school," they muttered.

For a moment, I just stared at them.

Then I took a deep breath, straightened my shoulders, and pushed down the door handle. This was going to be fun...

___________

Jackson

"Why are we even discussing this? This boy doesn't belong in this school. He belongs in jail!" For nearly fifteen minutes, the man, Brick's father, had been yelling at me. He was tall, towering over me by at least two heads, but I was boiling with anger. Still. And being shouted at by this guy certainly wasn't helping me calm down.

Angry, Brick's father slammed his hands on the table and leaned towards me. Instantly, I stood up and stared back at him provocatively. I had no problem picking up where I left off with his son.

But suddenly, Taylor stood behind me, pressing me back into the chair with one hand. I hadn't even noticed him enter the room. Reluctantly, I stayed seated, but I kept my eyes fixed on my adversary.

"What's going on here?" Taylor's voice was cold and cut through the chaos. For a brief moment, I wondered if he would be angry with me. But then I remembered what had happened and that I didn't give a damn about what anyone thought.