I can’t be sure that what I saw was real, but ether way I close the book and set it back on the table. Leaning closer, I hold my gaze on Blu, unblinking. I sit there for what seems like forever, staring and breathing shallow breaths. And then, like some miracle, it happens again.

His pinky finger twitches. Honest to god twitches.

My breath whooshes out of me and my heart seems to restart. Overwhelming joy swarms inside me, buzzing like a million honey bees in my heart. I’m frozen solid, unable to move. Unable to do anything besides stare at his little pinky. In a full month all I’ve seen from Blu in turns of movement is the even rise and fall of his chest telling me he’s still breathing. And now, his finger moved, not much, but it did, I’m sure of it.

“Blu?” I whisper, my voice raspy from holding in tears. “Blu baby?”

And there it goes again, but this time it’s not just a pinky, three of his thin, pale fingers move up and down before settling back on the itchy sheets. I’m hyperventilating now I think, but it’s hard to remember how to breath correctly when my world is trying to land upright again after all those days when it was completely upside-down.

Just then, something happens that sends my heart soaring. I’m no longer looking at a pair of fluttering pale eyelids, but a pair of my absolute favorite ice blue eyes.

Blu’s POV

Oh god, how did everything get so damn bright? My eyes close again against the white light that blocked me from seeing anything. I groan, and pick up my heavy-as-lead arm to rub at my eyes. I don’t get to rub any of the crust out of my eyes, not really, because in the next

millisecond, I’m being crushed in a vice like grip. All my air is squeezed out of my delicate little frame and my eyes snap open in shock despite the bright lights. There’s a head crammed in my neck, and I can feel wet tears stain my skin. A delicious and all too familiar sent of musk and rain assaults my nose. Someone is babbling against my skin franticly and its hard for my sluggish brain to keep up with the flow of words.

“Oh god, Blu! It was just- and you were- I was so fucking worried. Don’t every leave me like that again! I am so sorry; it was all my fault, if I was only more careful. Please, please, please don’t hate me Blu. I couldn’t handle it if you hated me. God damn it, I missed you so much. I just-”

“Kent?” I mumble, cutting of his confusing rant. Hate him? How could I ever hate him? And how could he have missed me? Where the hell did I go?