Chapter - 41

The month I spent pursuing Ahana without any knowledge of whether she'll forgive me or not was agonizing

In all honesty, I was scared of losing her after I have already lost every important person in my life. I couldn't bear the pain of losing her too.

Not her.

Never her.

So, when she agreed to give us another chance, I was the happiest I have been in a very long time. And I knew that I won't mess this up again. I couldn't mess this up again.

I have learned my lesson.

So, I knew that I still have two things that I have to confess to her. I knew that I need to tell her the actual extent of my feelings for her and all I could do was hope that she feels the same way or that there is hope for her ever feeling the same way about me; and I need to tell Ahana about her too. I can't hide anymore things from her if I want her in my life.

But I also know that now isn't the right time to tell her anything. We just resolved our issues and got back together. So, those secrets have to wait for the time being.

First, we need time to build up our trust again so that when I tell her, she doesn't run in the opposite direction screaming 'bloody murder!'.

I need to gain back the trust I lost due to my stupidity. I need her to trust me again so that she stays with me, by my side, every step of the way.

Her sweet voice brings me out of the reverie of my thoughts. "I can hear you thinking very loudly, Gabe."

I look down at her as she looks up at me from where she is resting her chin on my chest and her arm on my stomach. I tuck the stubborn hair falling on her face behind her ear. At that she smiles at me softly.

I look around her room to compose myself so that I don't blurt anything out by mistake. I don't want to scare her.

"I love it when you call me that."

"I know.", she gives me a mischievous smile. "Now, stop changing the subject and tell me what's bothering you."

I sigh and close my eyes. "Nothing. Just thinking about the future."

She frowns in confusion. "Meaning?"

"You know we have our final exams in a couple months and so we'll be busy. On top of that, I am wondering about which college to choose since I don't want to be away from you.", I share some of my other worries.

At that she falls silent and thinks as her index finger makes small patterns on my shirt. "Hmmm. You are right. But I would never want you to sacrifice your dream college for me."

"I know, baby. It's just business study. I can do that anywhere.", I calm her worries with a soft smile.

"Good. That's good."