Chapter - 17

It's been a week since the day Ahana figured out that I lied to her about the kissing incident

It's been a week since the day Ahana figured out that I lied to her about the kissing incident. And all of my friends have been pestering me to apologize to her and ask for her forgiveness.

And it's not like I haven't tried. I did reach out to her once, but she was the one who chose to ignore me. So, that's it. I am not going to follow her around like a lost puppy to apologize. It's not like I forced her to kiss me. Though I know trying to kiss her on the homecoming day was kinda a dick move, but I don't know what got into me because I was not under control.

All I can think about is the dance we both did. I have no clue how I found her in my arms, probably the spiked drinks, but I felt something. Something I haven't felt before. Something I don't wanna feel again. I can never forget where I come from and what I'll end up doing in life. Because there is simply no way out for me. And I don't want to waste my time figuring out what the heck was that feeling.

But the feeling I did figure out on the homecoming day was jealousy. And that was when I saw Cameron kissing Ahana. All I wanted was to choke him to death in that moment. What surprised me was why the hell was I jealous and why did I have such violent thoughts for one of my friends.

I'll admit that I'm not close to Cam. He has always been in my friend circle, but never really has been my friend. We do talk to each other and are together in the band. But that's it. For me he just exists. I never really liked his vibes. But he has never crossed me so I never really minded his presence.

Now though, am not so sure. Cause as I walk up with Connor to my friends chatting up in the ground, all I can focus is on Cameron's hand over Ahana's shoulders as he leans down to say something in her ears. He resumes his original position as her face turns blood red and that frustrates me making me rake my hand through my hair. Is she blushing?!

Damn them. I don't care. She can do whatever she wants. What does it matter to me? Nope, it doesn't. She can love him for all I care.

Ugh, she annoys me without even trying.

"Sup Gabriel?", asks Cameron. And that makes me more annoyed.

"None of your goddamn business.", I retort.

"Easy there, Tiger.", interrupts Kylie as the rest of them look at me.

"Are you okay?", asks Liam.

"Yeah, I am fine.", I say though my fists were clenching hard.

"You sure? Because your fists look ready to punch someone.", Cameron points out with his hand still over her shoulders.

Yes! I wanna punch you out of this world, you dipshit.

"Nah. It's nothing.", I say unclenching my fists.

Then my eyes lock with Ahana's coffee ones. We stare each other for a moment then she shakes her head getting up as if to forget about something. "I think I'm gonna go and do my volunteering duty for the poetry contest.", she says while dusting off her dress.

"I'll come with you.", Cameron shoots.

"Oh no no. It's fine", she tells him.

But instead of listening to her, he holds her hand and runs off making her laugh and giggle. And suddenly I wish I could have been the one at the receiving end of that bubbly laugh. Why? I don't know.

"I think Cameron likes pretty face.", Liam speaks through the silence.

"Yeah, I think so too.", agrees Sierra while others make a sound of agreement too.

"I don't care.", I say and it sounds as if I am trying to convince myself of that.

"No one ever said you did.", Kylie's gaze cut through me but I don't reply to that.

"I'll be back.", and with that I leave in the opposite direction of where Cameron and Ahana went.

Blood boiling through my veins for some reason, I punch the wall as soon as I am out of sight. And I hit it so hard that I know it's probably gonna bruise later, even if I am lucky enough to not break a bone. But I couldn't care less about it. Actually, I might just kill somebody now and still won't give a flying fuck about it.

What the hell is wrong with me? I have never reacted like that before. I have never wanted to kill somebody so much. And why was Ahana so happy with Cameron? Does she like him too? Maybe she does, after all they kissed and have been spending a good amount of time together.

But I don't want her to like him damnit. I don't want her to spend time with him, but me. And I still have no clue WHY?

And I don't feel something right about it. The way Cameron is with Ahana. It doesn't sit right with me. It feels like she is in danger. Who am I kidding? She'll be in more danger if she is with me. There are so many consequences of being with her, all of which compromise her safety. I don't want her to be not secure.

God! I have to control whatever the fuck I am feeling. And she is probably safer with Cameron.

*****

I was freakin' sulking in a corner watching Cameron and Ahana volunteering and laughing together at their own jokes when Connor came up to me and watched them too. And after a while he speaks, "I don't get jealous when they are together."

"Huh?", that makes me look at him.

"What I'm saying is I don't think I actually liked liked Ahana. I mean she is beautiful. No doubt there. She is sweet too. But what I felt for her was just a passing crush. And Cam and her being together made me realise that."

"Okay, I guess." Him realizing and telling me this somehow gives me a sense of relief. A relief I didn't know I needed. Now I won't feel guilty about whatever the fuck I am feeling about this goddamn girl.

She just came into my life out of bloody nowhere and made a chaos of it. And I am freakin' enjoying this chaos.

I think I might be out of my goddamn mind.