Chapter - 19

Red! I was seeing fucking red

I always thought that I know anger and that I have mastered to keep it under control. But I swear on my life, what I thought I knew, was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.

When I saw Cameron going behind Ahana, I acted on my impulse and followed them. And thank fuck I did. When I first saw him pressed up against her, I saw green. Green with a strange emotion of jealousy.

I was about to get the hell out of there but stopped, when I realised that those voices coming out of her mouth weren't of pleasure but struggle. When in the dimly lit hallway, I moved closer to them, I saw that he was feeling her up and forcing himself onto her. And all I could see was red instead of green.

I saw red with a very prominent emotion which I now realise was possessiveness. Protectiveness. Bloodlust.

I don't know what triggered those emotions because never once in my life have, I ever felt such powerful and raw emotions. Well, except for when my mom died.

While making my way to wrench him away from her, I planned seventy-nine painful ways to murder him, out of which I could make eight look like an accident.

I have had violent thoughts before, sure. But none of them ever included someone dying. In that moment, I figured out that I am my father's son after all and then some.

And when he didn't pay heed to my first warning, I could no longer control my urge to kill him and started beating him up to a pulp. It was satisfying to see his blood spilled. It felt good to know that he is in just as much pain as she is, that he was struggling just like she was. I was so tempted to break those filthy hands of his to bones. For the first time I wanted to kill someone. What made me stop from killing him was the gut-wrenching sob Ahana let out and I don't think she even realised she did that.

And when I looked into her eyes, there was no fight as she followed me without protest. And though her submission was something I wanted, but not like this. I wanted her to submit willingly.

She was shaking like a fallen leaf even when the heater was on in the living room and I couldn't do a damn thing. That was the second time I felt useless and utterly helpless in my life.

Her trembling and being out of her element gutted me. But what killed me was the way she flinched when I tried handing her over the glass of water. It tugged at my heart strings and almost took my life. Because I'll never hurt her. At least not like this. We may keep arguing and taking jabs at each other all the time, but I would never wish her ill.

I can't fathom what would have happened if I hadn't followed them, neither do I even want to think, because God knows that if I do, I will tear Cameron's insides to pieces.

I have never comforted somebody and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't see her tear soaked, pale face. So, I did the only thing I could, I held her as close to me as possible and she covered any remaining distance between us as if to anchor herself from falling into the dark abyss.

I took her to my room when she fell asleep. She looked so fragile and it scared me as if I will break her if I put even a little bit of pressure.

Tucking her into my bed, I took the sofa in my bedroom knowing she won't like me sleeping next to her.

I couldn't help but look at her. Even though she stopped shaking, she was still curled up, hugging her knees to her chest. Her face was stained with dried tears, which was breaking my heart. Yet she looked as beautiful as ever. But I can never tell her that I find her beautiful. Basically, because I don't want to be a dead man. The thought made me smile a little. She is definitely a feisty little thing.

I just hope that she stays the same even after today. Because I know what happened must have triggered her. And it won't be easy to move past the incident.

Yet she looks peaceful when she is asleep. But her peaceful slumber is soon interrupted.

"No...don't...please don't", she starts murmuring in her sleep.

I quickly make my way over to her and I find her shivering. I get under the blanket and try to soothe her. Taking her in my arms, I rub light circles on her back, making her believe that she is safe.

"Hey shh...it's just a nightmare, you are fine. You are safe. Calm down."

She continues to murmur for a few more seconds before she relaxes in my arms and scoots closer to me, sensing my presence.

And I release a breath I didn't know I was holding when she goes back to sleep.

I keep looking at her and rubbing circles on her back to make her aware of my constant presence and her safety.

I didn't know when I fell asleep. But the last thought I had was,

I am here, Bombshell.