Chapter - 5

I stood silent in Connor's balcony, with my eyes shut, taking in the cool night breeze, while Ava was busy enjoying herself with Connor

I stood silent in Connor's balcony, with my eyes shut, taking in the cool night breeze, while Ava was busy enjoying herself with Connor. Suddenly I felt someone standing near me. I open my eyes to find a girl, she looks at me and gives a sincere smile. "Hey.", she said.

"Hi."

"I have to say I'm pretty impressed.", and I knew in an instant what she was talking about.

"Ah, thanks, I guess.", I said not knowing what to say.

She had wavy blond hair and ocean blue eyes. She was pretty, I have to admit. Confidence radiated from her, which was kind of intimidating at first.

"I'm Kylie Grey, a really close friend of Connor's.", she introduced herself.

"Oh, I'm Ahana Stokes."

"I know, pretty much everyone present here does now.", she lets out a light laugh.

"Yeah. It's crazy."

"You know, you're the first girl, actually the only one, who stood up to them.", she informed.

"Is it? Are they like bullies or something?"

"Gabriel's not, Samantha is. Gabriel's more of a popular boy in the school. I swear every girl's ready to get into his pants, unlike you."

"I see. Are they like dating?", something in me made me ask the question I have been wondering about for quite a while without even thinking.

"No. He doesn't date neither does he hook up. He's just an ass.", she chuckled.

"You seem to know a lot about him.", I pointed.

"You get to know about people with whom you spend most of your childhood.", she said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Oh, so you, Connor and Gabriel are friends?"

"Yeah, childhood friends."

"How do you both even keep up with Gabriel? I mean from what I can make out he's a popular boy with a superiority complex."

"It's hard. But he's not bad. You'll know once you get to know him."

"Nah. I'm fine this way, god knows how much rude he can be.", I said raising my hands in air.

"Suit yourself.", she giggled.

"Well, what about Samantha?"

"She's right out of a mean girl series. Typical bully who walks with a condescending attitude, along with her minions, Lia and Kara." I rolled my eyes with disgust.

"I just wonder, how the parents are so oblivious of their child's life?", I remarked.

"Is a mystery to me too."

"Well, they say you're a part of what your parents are."

"Dang!", she laughed at my sarcastic comment.