Chapter - 18

Gradually the days passed by as the competitions became more intense

Gradually the days passed by as the competitions became more intense. Everyone wanted to win. Unfortunately for some, that wasn't possible. Though, our school was winning some games and losing some, yet all in all, the spirits were high.

It was officially Day 6 of the competition. Kylie – who secured first prize in theatre, and Sierra – who secured second position, were already done with their competitions. It was just me and the boys left for our turns tomorrow.

It is football today for which we are to volunteer as we are not either in the field or doing the cheerleading. So, me and the girls take our places near the bleachers when the match is about to start.

"Damn, look how excited the people are!", Sierra exclaims.

"It's an inter-school, Sierra. This much excitement is a given, don't you think?", Kylie pulls her leg.

"Give the girl a break dude.", I laugh before Sierra can reply.

"Thank you, Ahana.", Sierra stretches her words animatedly. "That's how you are with friends, Kylie."

"Yeah", she snickers.

I survey the area and when I can't see the boys, I ask, "Hey, where are the boys?"

And suddenly Liam puts his arm over my shoulders, "Here, pretty face.", he says pecking my cheek. And then in the periphery of my vision I could see Gabriel's jaw twitch. What is his problem? Or is he always grumpy?

"I am not grumpy, bombshell.". Shit, I said that aloud.

"Whatever helps you to bed, sucker.", I retort to cover the embarrassment.

"Okay you two. Quit it.", Connor intercedes.

"Fine.", making Gabriel and I say at the same time.

"God!", and again the same time.

"Stop copying me!", I almost shout at Gabriel.

"You stop that.", he replies looking furious.

"But you're the one doing it.", I say stomping my foot.

"Whatever", he says indifferently.

I turn on my heels and go into the direction of the school building. The corridor is empty and not well lit as it is a night game. This is kinda peaceful as I want to be alone for a moment. But before I can even take a breath Cameron finds me, "Hey there. You, okay?", he asks, jogging up to me.

"What the hell is his problem? He thinks as if he's a fucking royalty. That dumbhead. Ughhhh I hate him so much. I mean he is infuriatingly annoying. He just can't keep his mouth shut for a goddamn minute.", I start pacing, saying all of it in a single breath.

"Forget about him. He is a douche. He just doesn't have anything better to do." I didn't even realise when he stopped me and stood close to me.

"Yeah, you're probably right.", I say rubbing my forehead.