Chapter - 14

"Hey man! Loosen up

"Hey man! Loosen up. It's home-coming.", Connor shouts into my ear so that I can listen to him over this blazing music.

"Yeah, Gabriel, enjoy the night.", Fernando adds.

"Sure.", I force with a fake smile.

"Look, who decided to finally show up.", Liam exclaims, making us all look at the entrance.

She walks up wrapped in an off-shoulder black gown which kisses all of her curves perfectly. Her left leg peeking out of the slit with every step that she takes. Her long wavy brown hair falling open on her shoulders, but not a strand out of place, accentuating her fair complexion. Those lips waiting to be tasted. That pendent and rings giving elegance to her beauty.

Ethereal even in black.

"She looks amazing, doesn't she?", Connor's words bring me out of my daze. What the hell was I thinking?! You don't like her, Gabriel. Remember. I reminded myself.

"Whatever.", I reply, feigning nonchalance.

"Hey there, pretty face! Looking hot.", Liam compliments, slinging his right hand over her shoulders. Then he says something in her ear to which she nods with a smile on her face.

What did I miss? When did they become so close? What's going on?

I realize I was clenching my jaw when Fernando asks me, "Dude, you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine.", I revert, still looking between the two of them.

"Ready to hit the dance floor?", Sierra asks bringing her hands together in excitement.

"Hell yeah!", Connor chirps, walking them to dance floor.

"Gabriel, you ain't coming?", Kylie asks with a frown when she sees that I am not following them.

"I'll join you in a bit.", I confirm with a tight smile.

"Cool.", and thankfully she doesn't prod further.

Since the encounter with Ahana yesterday, I haven't stopped thinking about her even for a minute. I know I lied to her about the kiss. Fuck, I cannot forget it even if I want to. Though I was drunk, I still remember the way my heart beat picked up its pace as soon as our lips connected.

I just cannot get the feel of her soft lips out of my freakin' mind.

And seeing her dance so carefreely is just making it hard for me to stand my ground. I have never felt this way before. No girl ever made me feel attracted to the point that my mind ceases to work. She has something that is pulling me towards her.

What are you doing to me, Ahana Stokes?

After having a couple of drinks, of course the alcohol-free served by the school, I make my way to the dance floor. Everyone's going wild. Feeling dizzy, I still find my way to my friends. But Ahana, isn't there. I try finding her in the crowd of sweaty sapiens. Automatically, giving up on it when I can't.