"I went to New Orleans," I mumble.

"Hmm," Elijah hums in acknowledgment.

"It was really different. But I went into our old room."

"What did you find?"

"It was completely untouched, for one. Why didn't you burn or bury all my stuff?"

"I didn't have the heart to," he says hoarsely.

Wordlessly, I reach under the neckline of my shirt and pull out my necklace. I was still getting used to the added weight, but I wouldn't risk losing any of the rings on the necklace. I look up, wondering how he was reacting and I realised I had rendered him speechless.

"I found these," I mutter and he rests them in his hand, his eyebrows creasing and uncreasing.

"I'm glad you did," he says quietly, as if to himself after a while. "Why did you go to New Orleans though?"

"I was kind of avoiding your siblings and tagged along with the Salvatore brothers on their trip," I shrug, making Elijah chuckle.

"I'm glad you went," he says. "I haven't been able to go into that room since about a week after it happened."

"We can go back," I say, threading my arms around his shoulders. "We can take over that whole place again."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You can compel all the vampires to fuck off," I shrug and his eyebrows thread together.

"All the vampires?" He asks confused.

"I don't know. They looked like a cult meets fight club-"

"Fight club?" He asks incredulously and I laugh to myself.

"Don't worry," I wave him off and he sighs.

"For the first time in a while, I'm not."

ELIJAH'S thumb was tracing patterns on my hip as we lay together in bed, just basking in each other's presence.

"Do you feel different now you remember everything?" He asks and I shrug.

"Not really. It's like... almost like I've just woken up from a really long sleep, and like I dreamt what life without you would be like, but now I'm awake and just FYI, that dream is pretty overrated," I grin, earning a kiss from the man across from me.

"I mean, life without you, which felt more like a nightmare, was also pretty overrated."

I bit my lip before he kissed me again. "I don't think we should ever leave here," I whisper. "Nothing bad can get us here and honestly, I have everything I need."

"What about blood?" He said, humouring me but I shrug.

"Hmm, also overrated."

"Well I think we should get out of bed because I am going to take you out, Elijah says and a smile creeps onto my face.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, rolling onto my stomach as he gets out of be and starts to dress, though it was quite hard to focus on what he was saying.

"If I told you that, it wouldn't be a surprise," he says and I groan.

"I could give you surprise enough tonight? Then you could tell me?" I say with a suggestive smile, though I laughed which ruined the vibe a bit.

"Even then, my love, I wouldn't tell you," he says and my stomach flips at the new nickname. 'My love'. That was definitely one I could get behind. Elijah offers me a hand and helps me up. "We need to leave in an hour," he says, and I breathe a laugh as I walk away from him before freezing.