28

Peaking out into the hallway, I listened for any sound of Harry beyond my hiding place of his bedroom. The room was silent, and for a moment, I wondered if he had left me here.

After peeling off my cold, wet clothing and folding them neatly onto a chair in the corner, I pulled on his warm, dry sweats. They were massive on me, the sweatshirt falling past my hands, the pants dragging. I had to hold up the waist to keep them from falling down, and was pretty sure I looked like a child in her fathers clothing.

But despite how ridiculous I knew I looked, I was warm and dry. And for that I was thankful.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I pulled out my phone and sent Mia a quick text letting her know I was spending the night 'at a friends' because of the snow.  I knew she would be asleep already, so didn't wait for a response before slipping the phone back into my purse.

Still feeling every last one of the nerves I had from the moment Harry insisted on me coming home with him, I ventured into the hall, my bare feet padding lightly on the wooden floor towards the living room.  Peering into the space, I found Harry sitting on the couch, feet up on the coffee table, and book in his hands. I paused for a moment to watch him silently before he noticed my presence.

So this was him? Glancing around the apartment for a moment, I took in the space before allowing my eyes to fall back on his form. This was what he did, in his home, in his solitude. Even after a night at the bar with friends, he came home to quiet, and a good book. 

I found myself smiling as I looked to the table, seeing two mugs of what appeared to be tea sitting out.  My smile widened, and I almost laughed. It was like he could read my mind.

Somehow sensing my presence, Harry turned, looking over his shoulder to find me hiding in the shadows.  Smirking at me, he placed his book on the table, before turning on the couch to face me.

His eyes roamed me, his smirk widening as he took in the awkward state in which I wore his clothing.

"They're a little big," he noted, his lips pulled together tightly to keep back his snickers.

"Just a little," I agreed, holding the waist of the pants up as I came to join him in the living room.

Sliding to the far side of the couch, Harry gave me space to sit, pulling his leg up on the couch to angle his body towards me. I sat, pulling my legs under me, tucking my feet under my bum to keep them warm. I glanced at the mug of tea, as the steam rose from the fluid inside.

"I figured you would want something warm to drink," he stated quietly, his eyes following the direction of my own.

I nodded, reaching forward to pluck the mug from the table top. It was hot against my hands, but the feeling was welcome. It was soothing and comforting, and somehow relieved just a little bit of the tension I felt considering my surroundings and current company.

"Thank you," I said, before taking a small sip. I almost sighed with relief, closing my eyes.