𝓒𝔂𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓪é 𝓒𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓻

Walking into the convention Pyn and I are holding hands looking like the bad bitch fems that we are. "I can't believe my scarf just dropped in some shit." I say pouting and stomping my foot a little.
Wrapping her arms around me  in a hug she tells me, "I know Mamas I'll buy you a new one."
"Ughhhhhhhh okaaaaaaay today tho right?" I start smiling and giving her the side eye.
Nodding her head, "If we get out of here on time then yeah." After saying that l just started cheesing, "Brat."
"A spoiled one at that," I respond sticking out my tongue. "Shouldn't have made me this way."
After that little mini conversation, we just walked around, checking out different peoples artwork and where they were located, you never now when you might want a tattoo. Found some dope artist but I only fuck with black tattoo artist that's why I made these appointment with Chavo. Nigga mad dope from Florida.
Since it was nearing 5:30 we started to head over to The Lotus' booth. "Well damn how can we help y'all fine asses out." Now if I know Pyn that's strike one for whoever the fuck this is.
"Yeah we're looking for Chavo we booked the rest of his time slots for the day." Putting a smile on my face I respond.
"Shit y'all didn't get the email?" We both look equally confused and lost, "Chavo had to dip out for a family emergency but we brought someone else in to replace him."
"Mamas why youn ever check ya email? Who's this replacement?"
"Oh damn my bad y'all Ian know y'all was together, no disrespect." Pyn gave a genuine smile seeing as he corrected himself. "But jit over there with the ponytail. One would argue he's better than Chavo. Want me to walk y'all on over there?" He said rubbing his chin hairs.
"Yes please." We answered in perfect sync.
"Y'all gone be my new besties cause that was cute as hell. Sounding all soft and delicate and shit." He started leading the way to the furthest station. "What's y'all names? My name Trey."
      "Is that what ya mama named you cause I'm not calling you anything but that?" Pyn said pulling down her shades.
      "Nah jitt she named me Atreyu but people be butchering my shit like no fucking tomorrow so I just go by Trey."  He said chuckling.
      "Awh shit you done got her started." I said pushing my glasses up on my head.
     "Shut yo ass up, but nah dead ass ya name is powerful it's the first step in defining you. Don't let how society acts affect that. Only you can demote you not nobody else. But my name is Espyn and this Cypress."
      "Yeah we gone be new besties fa sho. Ain't ever heard nobody speak like that." He stopped in front of the booth, this one the most spacious lowkey. "Ayo Foe I got ya next two clients, they booked out the rest of Chavos slots today." Bestfriend said but "Foe" didn't look up from whatever he was sketching and we couldn't see his face cause his back was to us.
      "You mean the only client that didn't respond to the email that was sent out? What if I said nah and just went home?" Damn was his voice was deep and raspy, made a me a little wet.
      "Aye Foe youn gotta be rude to my new besties tho-." Atreyu started but quickly got cut off.
      "I really don't give a damn whatchu talm bout ri-."
      I guess that must've been too many strikes for Pyn, especially as woman with her own business in the service industry. "Yeah see whatchu not gone do is be rude. First off we're clients, I can say I apologize for not seeing your email but the least you can do is lose ya little funky ass attitude and turn around to address us properly. Have a little decorum. Rude ass nigga." His head instantly snapped up in our direction, finally gracing us with his fine ass features. Whew Chile I just know the dick good with his mean ass. Fuck am I talm bout Pyns right next to me.
      "Shawty who is you talking to?" He said walking over towering well beyond us by at least a foot but I'm guessing more.
      "If I heard correctly I believe the name was Foe." Me and Atreyu locked eyes not knowing how this situation was going to go. "As a fellow service industry worker and business owner it's a well known fact that is this day and age clients don't checks emails but instead would check a text or answer a call. Now I said I apologize but you will address me and my girl with respect." Well damn now ion know who turning me on more her or his mean ass mugging my woman.
        "Damn." Treys crazy ass mumbled making me chuckle, can't take shit serious.
      "You right my fault. I'm just a little hungry and booked back to back for something I wasn't prepared for." He said dropping his mug. "Let's start over my name is Foe-"
        "You might as well stop right there." Trey said laughing, "Cause if it ain't what momma named you then she'on wanna hear it."
      "Forrest my name is Forrest. What was you planning on getting again?"
        "Cypress," I extend my hand shaking his. "Don't ignore Pyn but ignore her." She slapped my ass as a warning, "But we want a mural of two queens ruling side by side, they just gotta represent our zodiacs. Hers a Libra and mine a cancer. Think you can handle that?"
"I can handle that and then some. But since we on first name bases I know shawt name not no damn Pyn, so what is it?" He said walking back into the booth with us following.
"It's Espyn and don't bite off more than you can chew." Yeah this nigga got her wet, she like that challenge shit in men. Why ion know.
Here go Trey's ass ruining a good moment, "Ain't nobody hot? It's a little hot over here. Yeah let me go back to the AC." He said fanning his face with his shirt going back to the front while yelling, "Don't y'all leave without me either bestfriends!"
Smacking her lips Pyn gives me that look like she got something to say. "ANNNNNNYWAAAAAYS did you wanna take a break first so you're not hangry? We was gone get a turkey leg."
"Yeah come on, our treat." Getting up he grabbed his phone and other things before leaving the booth. "Sooooo Forrest you good? Or should I say we good?"
      "Yeah we straight Ian expect you to come at me like that but I respect it. I could've been a lot more professional and handled the situation better." He smiling a genuine smile.
       "Look progress, my baby got a smile outta you. Why was you so upset anyways?" I asked while we got in line for a stuffed turkey leg.
      "Chill shawt, but I got a early ass flight this morning cause my cousin always in some fucking bullshit. So me being nice I flew out from Miami to come bail his ass out, ain't even took a nap, been to a hotel or nothing. Came straight here and been on go since."
      "That's that shit you be doing Pyn overextending ya self. Foe you gotta set some boundaries cause that's not it. You can fuck someone up doing this. Is this the first thing you're eating today?"
       "Yeah it is actually, but it's just for today. Chavo ass get back tonight." He stepped up to the counter telling the man behind the kiosk he wanted a stuffed turkey leg with yams, macaroni and greens. Pyn and I got the same thing just no greens cause they had pork in it. I'm guessing we all had the same idea once he said the total but Pyn was the one to tap first. "Damn was you just holding that bitch in ya hand." The only response he got was smirk and a shoulder shrug.
      "Well when you leaving to go back home?" I asked.
      "Shit I was just gone buy my ticket after I woke up cause I'm exhausted. Why you askin?"
      "Cause if you was staying for a while then I was going to suggest taking today off and resting and then we try again tomorrow cause I be damned if you fuck my back up." He started laughing his ass off. Hearing our number be called we got our food and started walking back to his station.
"You funny, I wouldn't have fucked ya shit up Shawt, but um how you feel about that Espyn? You coo with that?" He asked biting into his leg not wasting no time.
"I would rather you be well rested before tattooing not one but TWO FULL back pieces." She said falling in step with us.
"Damn this shit good. But y'all dead ass? Ight if that's the case I gotta find a room for the next two days so I can tattoo y'all there and shit. Cause ion got no booth here and ion want people thinking I'm gone tattoo they ass too." Chewing filled the air as we made it back to his booth. "Where y'all staying at? Nearby?"
"Nah we staying an hour away at this little camp resort type shit. We live on a bus so we don't stay in hotels or nothing."
"That's crazy how the fuck y'all do that? It don't feel crazy?" He paused on his eating to wait for a response.
"Well I just wanted to travel for a year so I can be a traveling esthetician and see where I wanna set up shop cause Seattle ain't it."
       "I was just in love with my bestfriend."
      Before any of us could say anything we heard, "So y'all gay for real?" From Treys head ass.
      "Nah nigga for fake." Came Pyns sarcastic ass remark. "Plus niggas is not just gay. I'm pansexual and Mamas here is bi-curious?" She finished saying looking at me in confusion.
      "Wait so you be fucking pans-" he said turning and pointing at Pyn and "You just be what? Liking one more than the other," he said turning towards me pointing, "y'all is wylin." I couldn't do shit but laugh.
"My nigga huh? Fuck is you talm bout?" Forrest said looking just as confused as Trey sounded.
"Wylin but pansexual basically means I like what I like. Fuck the gender or presenting gender."
"And I like men I just fell in love with my bestfriend." I said shrugging my shoulders.
"So how's that gone work out? Do you think you can just strictly be with a women for the rest of your life even though you've only been with? No disrespect or funny shit I'm just intrigued." Forrest said making me think about something I never thought about.
"Honestly that's not even something I thought about. I know for a fact I wouldn't , no couldn't, live without Pyn, when she first said she was leaving on this trip it felt like my world was collapsing, like I was losing my soulmate and not just my bestfriend taking a trip." I say looking in her eyes. "As far as wanting a man or being with a man again I can't say I know how I'd react to that situation if it arises again but I know I'd communicate with my baby about how I feel and what I'm experiencing."
"I can't even say I haven't thought about it, cause I have but like Mamas said if we get to that bridge then we'll cross it as a unified front." She said crossing her arms. "But honestly I more than likely wouldn't be mad as long as communication is involved. I don't expect her to lose her attraction to men but I do expect her to communicate with me." Pyn finished her statement making Forrest slowly nod his head throwing away her finished turkey leg.
"That's some real mature shit, when I stop fucking these hoes and I'm ready to settle down I know who to come to for advice." Of course Trey's ass had to say ending his hot ass mess bullshit with a clap. "Now nigga you find you a hotel yet?"
"Nah I'm about to start looking as soon as I'm done with this food. Y'all gone help me?" The question was directed to us of course.
"Hell yeah we gone help, you know my ass staying withchu anyways." I couldn't help but laugh at Trey's crazy ass. "And don't try no bullshit cause I will call Momma and tell her how you brought me out here to start acting funny." He sat down pulling out his phone.
"This nigga, I'm ignoring his ass, but aight bet. Let me just look for an Airbnb near y'all and we can go from there." He said getting up grabbing his stuff while Trey grabbed his. "Y'all getting in the car. With us, unless y'all drive here."
"Nah we good, come on Mamas." She said holding out her hand to me. Following behind the brothers.