XXXII

Yuvan and Shreya were sitting  inside the police station, waiting for the Inspector to come. They had called them in the morning, telling them that the kidnappers have confessed everything and they have arrested the real masterminds who were behind this.

They both wasted no time and arrived the police station as earliest as possible.

Shreya was fidgeting with her fingers and her leg was bouncing up and down because of anxiety.

When Yuvan noticed this, he put his hand on her leg to get her attention. She looked at him with slightly moist eyes.

"Calm down woman", he said jokingly. "Why are you so anxious. Everything will be fine. I am here with you and I won't let anything happen to you".

She said nothing, just hugged Yuvan. He was a little surprised by it but wrapped his arms around her nonetheless and kissed on the top of her head.

A while later, the Inspector came and sat down in his chair. Yuvan and Shreya went towards him and sat across from him.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor", he said. "We are glad to inform you that the criminals are finally caught".

"Thank you so much, officer", Yuvan thanked. "Who are they? And why did they do this?".

The officer sighed and opened a file before saying, "These are your wife's blood reports. She was given Rohypnol which is a rape drug".

Yuvan looked at Shreya to see her expression and she was equally shocked as he was. He put his hand on hers to confront her. She just gulped trying to hold back her tears.

"This drugs makes it easy to sexually assault a person", the Inspector explained. "The kidnappers were trying to make an inappropriate video of you and release it on the internet to defame your reputation".

Yuvan's blood boiled on listening this. His fists were clenched in anger but he tried to control his anger for the sake of Shreya.

"But the thing is they were doing this because someone offered them money", the officer told, putting both his elbows on the table.

"Who was behind all this?", Yuvan asked.

"This will be very shocking for you both", he said, pausing for a moment and then speaking again. "It is your stepmother and you stepsister, Mrs. Kapoor".

The tears finally rolled down from Shreya's eyes which she was holding back from so long. She closed her eyes to calm herself.

Yuvan kept looking at her, rubbing her back to confront her. He couldn't even imagine how bad she might be feeling right now.

"I want to meet them", Shreya said, opening her eyes and wiped her tears.

"Sure mam", the officer said as he stood up from his seat. "This way please".

Yuvan and Shreya quietly followed him. He lead them towards a cell where Devika and Ridhi were kept.

They both looked up and saw Shreya in front of them. Ridhi gasped and looked away because she didn't have the courage to meet Shreya's eyes.

"Well done both of you", Shreya said, clapping her hands. "I had never imagined that you both would stoop down to this level just because you didn't want to see me succeeding. I know we hated each other but seriously, this?! How could you both?!".

"Shreya please we are sorry. Forgive us please", Devika pleaded.

"Forgive you?", Shreya said and laughed sarcastically. "What you did, cannot be fixed by a sorry".

"So tell us what can we do!", Devika said desperately. Ridhi just kept quiet because she knew how wrong it was and she knew that they deserved it.

"We would do anything", Devika said, joining her hands in front of Shreya. "I beg you, please".

"You have the audacity to say this even after what you did?!", Shreya said, looking at her with a disgusted expression on her face. "Learn something from you daughter. At least she knows what she has done. Maybe you will get to know it too when you will spend your life here".

"But what about Dev and Ridhi?", Devika asked. "They both were going to get married soon. You can't do this to your best friend, Dev".

"If he really was my best friend then, he will understand", Shreya said. "I don't owe you both anything. I shall be leaving now. I guess it is all Karma. What you guys did with me during all those years is coming back around now".

She said these words and left. Yuvan left after her. She went and sat inside their car while Yuvan stayed back for 5 minutes to complete the formalities.

After he was done, he went to his car and sat on the driver's seat. Shreya was looking straight ahead with an expressionless face but when Yuvan came, she collapsed into his arms, crying out loud.

Yuvan whispers quietly, "It's all over now. You are safe with me. It's just you and me now".

He gently kissed her head.

"I love you Shreya".

"I love you too Yuvi".