XXVII

Yuvan was sitting alone in his cabin after his meeting with his colleagues. His phone buzzed with a notification.

He closed his laptop and picked up his phone.

Shreya

Today is the premier. Don't be late. I want you at home by 5 pm.

Yuvan chuckled at her cute antics. Today was her movie premier and she wanted him to be on time.

This was going to be the biggest day for her when her first movie was going to release. She didn't want to Yuvan to miss any moment of it. She wanted to make Yuvan the part of this day.

Yuvan looked at his phone and saw it was already 4:30 pm which meant he has to leave now otherwise Shreya would kill him for being late.

He called his driver quickly and left the office. As he was on the way, traffic was too much. Looked like God also wanted it to be his last day on Earth.

He quickly typed a message for Shreya before she calls him and scolds him on the phone.

Hey! I would be late. It is too much traffic here. I promise I will start to get ready as soon as I reach home and would wear whatever you want me to.

Sorry Shri.

They have started calling each other with nicknames. He calls Shreya as 'Shri' and she calls him 'Yuvi'.

_________________

Yuvan reached home at nearly 6 pm. Mumbai's traffic can be too much to handle sometimes.

"God, please save me today from her anger", Yuvan made a quick prayer before entering the house.

He saw there were stylists everywhere who were making arrangements. One was holding a black suit in his hand and he made his way towards Yuvan.

"Sir, you should get ready soon", he said. "We have to leave before 7 pm".

"Oh okay", Yuvan said awkwardly. "Where is Shreya?".

"Shreya mam is in her room", the stylist told. "She is getting ready".

"Okay", Yuvan said. "Nice suit by the way. Great choice".

"You should say this to Shreya mam", he told. "She was the one who selected this for you. She was 100% sure that you will look handsome as ever in this one".

"Really?", Yuvan asked, being astonished. This would be the first time when he would wear something selected by her.

"Yes sir. We should get going before we get late".

Yuvan nodded and followed the stylist into one of the spare rooms. He wore the black suit and he really did look handsome after all it was Shreya's choice.

The hair stylist quickly did his hairs and when he got out of the room, Shreya was already waiting for him downstairs.

He went down the stairs and for a moment, he could not react when he saw her.

She was wearing a dark blue coloured gown with a very think strap in place of sleeves. The neck area had a low cut but didn't give any view to her cleavage. The gown wasn't flowy and hugged her body. Her figure was quite evident.

Her hairs were open and she had wore pearl earrings with it. She had her mangalsutra on rather than any neck chains. She had wore her wedding ring and a watch on her left hand. She had wedges on since she finds difficult to walk with heels.

She looked truly mesmerizing and Yuvan could not take his eyes off her even for a single second.

"Yuvan, you came so late", she said but Yuvan didn't react.

She snapped her fingers in front of him and that's when he came back to his senses. "Where are you lost?".

"In you", he said without thinking. Her mouth fell open and she stared at him with pink cheeks. "I mean... Y-you look beautiful... Amazing.. Yeah, you look good".

Shreya blushed and looked at her feet. When she looked up, Yuvan's hazel eyes were already looking at her. Her black eyes showed the emotion of affection towards him.

"Thank you Yuvan", she said. "You look handsome in the suit. Did you like it?".

"I love everything by you", he said.

___________________

The premier was a successful event. Everything went good and everyone loved the movie.

Everyone was praising the movie but what got everyone's attention was Shreya. She was phenomenal in the movie and after the premier got over, all one could hear was 'Shreya'.

Yuvan felt so proud of her. Her acting was so promising and awesome. He felt a little jealous too when the love song came.

You know Bollywood! A movie is incomplete without a love song.

Yuvan felt a pang in his chest when he saw his little brother romancing with his wife.

Anyway, someone else was jealous too. Devika and Ridhi were also invited to the premier and they were very angry by seeing Shreya's success.

"Mom, we have to do something", Ridhi said.

"We will", Devika replied. "I won't let Shreya become successful".

Their conversation was interrupted when Krish spoke on microphone.

"Thank you everyone for coming", he said. "I am very grateful to you all for all the love that you showered on our film. The night isn't over yet. How can we all go home without a little dance?".

Everyone shouted and applauded.

"We shall begin the dance with my bhaiya and bhabhi dancing on the first song", he declared.

Yuvan shook his head in a 'no' but Krish pulled him on the dance floor along with Shreya.

The song 'Dekha Hazaro Dafa Apko' started playing.

At the beginning, they both just awkwardly stared at each other but when Krish pushed Yuvan towards Shreya, he got the courage to slide his hand around her waist.

Shreya put her one hand on his shoulder and intertwined the other one with his.

They both danced slowly to the music, gazing in each other's eyes.

For a moment, everyone else disappeared and they felt like it was just the two of them.

And they realised how much they loved each other.